Gael Clichy leaves confirmed. Thanks Gael & good luck.

thank you for everything Gael. Felt he gave everything but relied more on his pace to get him out of trouble defensively (ie Walker)

Great signing, added experience when we needed it - emphasised that a player who wanted to win stuff had a better chance at City than at Arsenal - and then proved it with two Premier league wins to Arsenal's none.

Best moments - the throw in that led to that goal, the celebration with Joe Hart and a couple of years as a good steady left back who let others get on and play. He will always have a place in our history and when he comes along playing for someone else I hope we treat him with the respect he deserves and remember once a blue ...
Great post, no need to raise negatives and detract from his fantastic achievements at our club.

He won't go there, he's too good for them in both a professional and moral sense. A great guy, lovely family, a very shrewd in his outlook. He know what he wants out of life.

All the best, Gael, I'll miss you.
I was joking. He's far too classy for them. Sadly, he didn't get the ovation he deserved, but a great club servant all the same.

Great signing, added experience when we needed it - emphasised that a player who wanted to win stuff had a better chance at City than at Arsenal - and then proved it with two Premier league wins to Arsenal's none.

Best moments - the throw in that led to that goal, the celebration with Joe Hart and a couple of years as a good steady left back who let others get on and play. He will always have a place in our history and when he comes along playing for someone else I hope we treat him with the respect he deserves and remember once a blue ...

I have no reason to think he would get anything other than a great reception and he deserves it.

Disappointed in some of the negative comments on here.

An extremely humble, hard working professional who's never been a moments trouble or said anything negative about the club.

He was first choice left back in our best ever side and has been the best left back we've had for at least 20 years, I think he deserves a bit more respect.

He came back from a horrendous injury last season and actually enjoyed one of his best spells of form for us at the back end of last season, which seems to have been forgotten about.

He's a defender first and foremost and has done his best in trying to adapt to a new style of play this season. I hope it works out for him wherever he goes next.
Here here, well said mate.

6 million pounds for a top quality left back who always gave 100 percent, rarely injured and gave the club five years of service. One of our top signings over the past 6 years.

Football and the role of the fullback has changed of late and it's probably the right time for a change but will always be grateful for his contribution. An unsung hero not fully appreciated just like Dzeko in the past and Kolo in the future

Merci Gael, bon voyage.

Good if occasionally erratic full back for us, did well, that 6 years has absolutely flown by.

Best wishes wherever you go.

He has been a great servant to the club . So good luck Gail all the best for the future ,

Disappointed in some of the negative comments on here.

An extremely humble, hard working professional who's never been a moments trouble or said anything negative about the club.

He was first choice left back in our best ever side and has been the best left back we've had for at least 20 years, I think he deserves a bit more respect.

He came back from a horrendous injury last season and actually enjoyed one of his best spells of form for us at the back end of last season, which seems to have been forgotten about.

He's a defender first and foremost and has done his best in trying to adapt to a new style of play this season. I hope it works out for him wherever he goes next.
Spot on and well said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.