General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow's headlines will be interesting. I'd imagine Sacre and Murdoch have got something special on Corbyn by way of misdirection.

Update - seems they're hanging their hat on IRA thing. Not sure how much political capital that story has.

Last edited:
She's seems to have the uncanny knack of getting the big decisions wrong.
And she wants to be trusted to negotiate Brexit, the biggest political decision in many years.

Anyway, in another little twist, the leaders in equity release schemes are Legal & General and the schemes that will be introduced to meet care costs will effectively be a close relative of these schemes. The insurance industry will be filling their boots at the expense of people needing care and one of the major shareholders in L&G is Philip May's company.

Just watched the May interview - thanks to whoever posted the link.

Have to say I did not think that she performed as bad as seems to be the consensus view on here.

Now - let me be clear - I am not in anyway being positive towards her here - in my view she has had a shocker, but Neil is excellent at this style of interview and I was expecting him to absolutely tear her a new one.

Perhaps it is as simple has what my expectation level is. I think that it helps her to go first actually - as the week comes to an end it will be how Corbyn performs on Friday that will be fresh in the mind.

I just think that someone in CCHQ is probably had a right bollicking for the fuck-ups of this last week. She has been seriously let down - not least my herself

The thing is she got rattled far too easily. This is the strong and stable Prime Minister who is going to take on the leaders of the EEC and get a good deal for Britain.

For everybody who missed the Mayday Mayday interview with Andrew Neil here it is.

Enjoy

Hopefully the election will end the same way.

The thing is she got rattled far too easily. This is the strong and stable Prime Minister who is going to take on the leaders of the EEC and get a good deal for Britain.
Oh I agree - especially near the end when pressed about what the 'dire consequences' were if a deal with the EU is not secured - strangely though I was expecting even worse

I think that she would have been much better to not have made the U-Turn and then say when pressed by Neil that people's homes are already at risk and that she is effectively quadrupling the amount of protection available now - and for most of the chronic illnesses removing the risk altogether - shocking management.

That said - she had the big majority in the bag - she should have left contentious matters out of the manifesto and kept it all about the strength to negotiate with the EU - her or Corbyn. Some strategist has dropped a right bollock

Oh I agree - especially near the end when pressed about what the 'dire consequences' were if a deal with the EU is not secured - strangely though I was expecting even worse

I think that she would have been much better to not have made the U-Turn and then say when pressed by Neil that people's homes are already at risk and that she is effectively quadrupling the amount of protection available now - and for most of the chronic illnesses removing the risk altogether - shocking management.

That said - she had the big majority in the bag - she should have left contentious matters out of the manifesto and kept it all about the strength to negotiate with the EU - her or Corbyn. Some strategist has dropped a right bollock

Is/was that the policy? People don't seem to know what the fuck is going on. Was she evening the mortality playing field or widening it?

Just watched the May interview - thanks to whoever posted the link.

Have to say I did not think that she performed as bad as seems to be the consensus view on here.

Now - let me be clear - I am not in anyway being positive towards her here - in my view she has had a shocker, but Neil is excellent at this style of interview and I was expecting him to absolutely tear her a new one.

Perhaps it is as simple has what my expectation level is. I think that it helps her to go first actually - as the week comes to an end it will be how Corbyn performs on Friday that will be fresh in the mind.

I just think that someone in CCHQ is probably had a right bollicking for the fuck-ups of this last week. She has been seriously let down - not least my herself

She folded, flapped and crumbled whether you noticed it or not.

This is what campaigning looks like....

DAdpZs9XYAIVLL7.jpg:large

Corbyn in Hull today.

Is/was that the policy? People don't seem to know what the fuck is going on. Was she evening the mortality playing field or widening it?
That is how I understand how the policy should be considered - we must all know (I expect but may be wrong) of someone who had had a family member go into a care home and it to have necessitated the sale of the primary home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.