Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

From Tim Farron
12:21am
Tim Farron pays tribute
Tim Farron, Leader of the Liberal Democrats, has said:

This is a shocking and horrific attack targeting children and young people who were simply enjoying a concert.

My deepest sympathies are with the victims, and with families who have lost loved ones, as well as those desperately waiting for news.

I would like to pay tribute to the bravery and dedication of the emergency services.

This is an attack on innocent people and the nation is united both in its grief and its determination to stand up to this deplorable attack.

That headline is hysterical click bait. Also, so far, pictures have mostly shown people with bandaged knees. This is consistent with people falling to the floor in the event of a stampede.
I don't think the girl covered with blood etc was consistent with people falling to the ground in a stampede, I'm fairly sure British Gas aren't to blame either.

Oldham Hospital have tweeted they are on lockdown as a safety procedure due to the explosion. No reports of a gunman.

And the terrifying thing is, it would be so easy for someone to do if they wanted to
I know, that's what I'm thinking.

It's so fucking easy to get in even with added searches.

We need to scrap these paper tickets and cards.

Fingerprint Technology and other Biometric Data synced with your supporter number.

Want to sell your ticket? Transfer it over to someone else who also has to register their fingerprint.

If my local gym can have a cardless system and use fingerprints instead, so can big football clubs

Pretty sure the reason we've been queueing to be searched for the last 3 months is because the police have got wind that something like this is in the offing.

North West Counter Terrorism Command are treating tonights incident as a possible terror incident.

Fingerprint Technology and other Biometric Data synced with your supporter number.

Want to sell your ticket? Transfer it over to someone else who also has to register their fingerprint.

If my local gym can have a cardless system and use fingerprints instead, so can big football clubs

Sounds like it was outside of the arena.

Or outside, city square or at the queues. Nobody stops or searches anybody before the turnstiles. Doesn't bear thinking about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.