Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Only just heard about this. My daughter had wanted to go to that concert but as it was on our wedding anniversary, we decided on the London one instead but a group of her school friends went.

Saddened and sickened by the news. My thoughts are with all those affected.

Can we please stop with the references to Muslims as right now, its being treated as a terrorist attack but other than that no one has any other facts and we should not be guessing as to who carried out this attack.

Thanks.
To be fair on this one the comments unless I've missed one and hoping for no knee jerk reactions against other innocent people but I take on board your thoughts and you're probably right.

Makes me wonder about the attempts to increase security with the "wands" at the Etihad. Has there been intel for a while now about a planned atrocity in Manchester at a sporting or concert arena?
I said this to my lad a few weeks ago when we were in a queue outside the ground. They must have been informed that there is a high possibility of a threat at a busy venue. They've done as much as they can, I just don't feel you can stop this from occurring in crowded places outside. Intel is the only true asset.

I had a convo yesterday with the wife, one of my little's girl's classmates was going to the concert last night. She is only six and I was pissing and whinging about how inappropriate I felt it was at her age, and on school night.

Thankfully, she and her mum are okay.

So sad for those who have suffered loss and are injured.

To be fair on this one the comments unless I've missed one and hoping for no knee jerk reactions against other innocent people but I take on board your thoughts and you're probably right.

The issue is mate it quickly escalates with blame being apportioned and then we get the anger and arguments and today of all days we all need to show some respect and restraint and allow the security forces to do their jobs and gather all the facts.

Can we please stop with the references to Muslims as right now, its being treated as a terrorist attack but other than that no one has any other facts and we should not be guessing as to who carried out this attack.

Thanks.
Give over mate, it's a completely fair assumption, TV and news channels talking that way too.

Shocking news, my thoughts are with all affected by this, keep your wits about you when out and about, report unusual stuff no matter how daft it may seem.

Give over mate, it's a completely fair assumption, TV and news channels talking that way too.

Im serious mate. This thread will not turn into a Muslim bashing one today its that simple.

One the facts are established of course there is a discussion to be had but lets do it with the facts at hand so its at least informed and thats all im asking.

Cycled in to work this morning so hadn't heard a thing until i got here, thought the lad telling me was winding me up at first, to say i'm shocked and devastated would be an understatement. Wife works minutes away from the MEN and i know now why we've been being searched at the ground, doubt anyone else will be complaining next time.

Thoughts go out to all affected by this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.