Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Stories of people showing true compassion,and a togetherness,are now starting to emerge - free travel,food and drink provided,homes opened up to victims and relatives......truly heartwarming at a time when its most needed.

Wonderful gestures that proves the vast majority of people are kind,decent and very caring - well done Manchester x

Well said mate.

As you lose faith in humanity in these kind of situations it is good to know that it is so easily restored when you learn of the actions and stories of how people reacted. Those who helped get those kids away, those who took them in to safety, those who rushed to give blood and especially those who run towards danger to save people when others would flee... If any of you are on here you are a credit to this city.

Another Blue here who selfishly puts his own safety on the line to help us all when we are most at need.

Thanks Blue and thanks to all our emergency services.
Cheers mate I didn't attend but we were covering the areas left short by other pumps, it might sound awful but I'm glad I didn't have to go, it's not something I want to see if you know what I mean.

Up until 3 years ago i was a Manchester Paramedic......my ex colleagues are beginning to post their experiences of last night,it will have been carnage and it will have been incredibly difficult work,both emotionally and physically,i cant thank them enough.

Just one account.......

After dealing with the horror of last nights terror attack, I am so proùd to be part of an emergency service team who all worked together to save as many people as we could.
I went through such a range of emotions during the night and now the adrenaline has worn off, feel quite emotional right now.
Thoughts go out to all those who've lost or have injured loved ones.........XXX

Absolutely horrendous. My wife is a teacher in a Primary school and some of the kids were telling here they were going last night and she was telling them she was going there to watch TakeThat this Friday.
Thoughts and prayers to all involved

So shocking, so sad, so vile. There was a guy on Five Live this morning who gave a 5-10 min interview about how he was yards from the explosion. He talked about how his wife and him were hit, his wife in the stomach and him in the leg. After giving this very open and honest and harrowing interview he jovially says to the reporter, "Anyway, I best get to hospital, I've got a massive hole in me foot".

The most perfect expression of Mancunian spirit at such a dark moment. I hope that guy and his wife (and their kids) are okay, and to everyone else affected in my beautiful home city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.