Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

My missus was at the Arena on Friday for Take That, so we're counting blessings today.

Annoying to see Sky news sensationalising over the lack of bag searches, AFAIK this guy wasn't ever IN the concert, so it didn't matter?

Yep, I'll stop moaning when I get searched on the way in from now on.
Was in a motorway queue a few years ago whinging and moaning to myself about dickhead drivers. Found out later two little kids had been killed by a drunk driver (Pro footballer ). Still feel like a thick shit to this day.
I would say my political beliefs are over to the left but when news of this came through my thoughts were more to the right than Hitler. Lucky I can take a step back, use what little intelligence I have and just put the blame on the sad bastards who could do this. Thought's with all the family's affected by this.
This is Manchester and to borrow the words of Labi Siffre...........Something inside so strong.

I also know for a fact that several members of Train crew at Victoria are members of this forum,thankfully while all are apparently safe,i also know such staff immediately responded to the attack by running to the aid of the victims and distressed - another brilliant effort that may otherwise go unreported.

As you lose faith in humanity in these kind of situations it is good to know that it is so easily restored when you learn of the actions and stories of how people reacted. Those who helped get those kids away, those who took them in to safety, those who rushed to give blood and especially those who run towards danger to save people when others would flee... If any of you are on here you are a credit to this city.

Couldn't agree more.

Another........

'After dealing with the horror of this evenings events I can only feel pride for the way we all worked together. All the emergency services were outstanding and we did our best to save as many as we could in truly horrific circumstances. It's what we train for but pray will never happen'

Been an emotional morning - new levels of depravity. Anyone with kids will be imagining what if.

Those kids going to school this morning like my 11 yr old girl telling her older brother that "kids have been blown up" is now in their and their mates/ your kids mindsets for the foreseeable future. I look back to the past and I think Bla*r and Bus* guts must surely be churning that little bit more.

RIP ALL innocence whatever country

So I've just got home from a long night shift, we first got wind of what happened as our crew manager received a call from his wife and daughter who had literally just been caught in the blast, ive never heard such terror in a persons voice from that phone call, we scanned the news but obviously it had literally happened, they managed to get a taxi to the station and he went home with them understandably. We knew it was bad for the reports we were getting. My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families and the lads and lasses who attended last night, today I'm taking my 4 year old to the ice cream farm, screw going to bed I want to spend as much time with this beautiful, annoying little girl (lol) as much as I can.
Dear god mate, my thoughts are with your boss there, and you and your mates, who have to deal with this sort
of heartbreaking tragedy. Give your lass a hug from all of us.

I thought it had already hit me, but seeing the photo of the first victim, with her name and age just really hammered it home to me. I dont usually get emotional as a person but that really got to me.
Love to the families of all involved, i cannot begin to imagine what you are feeling this morning .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.