It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the problem, he would just be an expensive replacement for a squad player. He would receive the best coaching from Pep but he's not going to be a regular starter. Without regular game time he's very unlikely to flourish.
Think he may get more games than you're expecting for us, he's also a better bet than Delph has shown so far as far as injuries go. He missed the first 7 games of the 14/15 season and hasn't missed a single game since due to injury and has played a lot of minutes in that time.

What about Gundogan? Good enough? Not sure. If he is then we don't need to strengthen that position as we have Gundog plus Garcia

That would be the problem, he would just be an expensive replacement for a squad player. He would receive the best coaching from Pep but he's not going to be a regular starter. Without regular game time he's very unlikely to flourish.

What's expensive? Can't imagine him costing more than £20m with his contract expiring and Koeman declaring they are going to sell him because he didn't extend.

As I see it...I'm not that bothered.

If Pep sees some diamond in the rough there and wants to take a punt on him then go for it. He's not going to be a player we are relying on, he's not going to go start every game, he will be essentially a Delph+Fernando replacement, and as that he'd be more reliable and at least has the hint of potential about him.

What have we really got to lose?

What about Gundogan? Good enough? Not sure. If he is then we don't need to strengthen that position as we have Gundog plus Garcia

Gundogan is 110% good enough. He will be one of our best players within months if he can stay fit.

He can play 3 or 4 positions and so I think he would get plenty of game time

Gundogan is 110% good enough. He will be one of our best players within months if he can stay fit.

Agree, but that really is the crux of the matter with a number of our key personnel. Leaving aside the goalkeeper, we have a spine of fantastic footballers, but for whatever reason they do have a history of injury (Kompany, Gundogan,Silva, and Aguero). If they can stay fit, and we can do our best to keep them fit (i.e. not rushing players back because we lack quality in depth), then it is a formidable team. I just sense that, with no summer tournament this year, our players will have time to properly recuperate and that things will click into place.

Sorry but how can you not be sure that Gundogan is good enough?
Err because he got injured. I know he's a good player. But is he good enough to play in a team that will be trying to win the Premier League. We thought Bravo was good enough. Maybe he is. Man Utd and most City fans thought Pogba was not only good enough, but the best midfielder on the planet, turned out he was distinctly average. So unless he proves himself on the pitch in a City shirt we don't know do we. He's played 9 league games for City. That's not enough.

I hope so. if Guardiola believes that, and he must I suppose if he bought the player, then perhaps we wont be looking for another player in that position. if we are, then presumably as a deputy, although at some point we should be looking at our young players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.