Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

A good friend of mine was shot in the leg at the Bataclan attacks but survived. He says he's been to more gigs since he got out of hospital than he previously had been to in his whole life. His attitude, which should be all our attitudes, was that our happiness is what offends these bastards. So lets make everyday one in which we do those things. Dance, see friends, sit in groups and share the things we love doing. Fuck fear.
Well said

I'm doing the half marathon and more determined than ever to run it after this, these cunts aren't going to stop me and hopefully others way of life. Been discussions in the office this morning regarding is it safe going to the football, concerts and the like, i've just said you can't let the fuckers win, it's what they want for us to live in fear.

I hope everyone who was going to run and to support turns out on Sunday to show these fuckers that they won't.
My son is running that, part of me feels I should talk him out of it but I'm going to watch him now

I went to see the Weeknd there a couple of months ago and the security was good but the way it was managed was really odd. They split up men and women in the queue for body searches and bag checks but it was organised as though men wouldn't have bags and women would.

Obviously if you were a man and had a bag it would probably get searched anyway but it just seemed bizarre to me at the time how they were doing it. No doubt anyway this is irrelevant and it sounds like this guy was able to just walk up the stairs and into the foyer from outside after the gig.

A girl from our HR in the office was at the gig last night and didn't turn up today, thankfully we have heard that she is safe but good god it's just horrendous to think of really.
We used to do this at nightclubs and events as standard mate, women are less likely to kick up a fuss if there's no lads present when their bags are searched, everyone's happier.

Problem is identifying them. Ultimately 99.999% of Muslims are decent people, no different to anyone of any other faith. Some people want to turn on the Muslim community and blame them for these events but we can't let that happen. It's a very twisted version of Islam these people follow anyway. Religion isn't the key factor here.

Whilst it's understandable why you are suggesting Muslim involvement it's not been confirmed and there are a number of potential nutters in our society. Don't add to future problems by speculating.

o
A good friend of mine was shot in the leg at the Bataclan attacks but survived. He says he's been to more gigs since he got out of hospital than he previously had been to in his whole life. His attitude, which should be all our attitudes, was that our happiness is what offends these bastards. So lets make everyday one in which we do those things. Dance, see friends, sit in groups and share the things we love doing. Fuck fear.
Spot on Billy.. we don't think about being hurt/killed in a terrorist attack when we leave home neither do we think we will get run down by a bus.. but it happens to many..its all a part of life in the modern world.
All we can do is get on with things and live life..

A life living with terror is better than a life where terror controls it..

Tempted to sign up to the 10k this weekend (with zero training) as a big fuck you to the terrorists.

Want to raise money for the victims etc, does anyone know of a way of doing this?

from Facebook i now know quite a few people who were there last night. this is fucking terrible. an evil and disgusting act. seeing pictures of some of the missing kids is awful.

My work colleague's niece went to that Arena show last night. She's safe but very shaken and frightened regardless.

As others have wisely said, you simply can't let these pieces of shit win. I have to fly to Belgrade last month via Istanbul. I'm advised Serbia is the most bonkers of all the old Yugoslavian countries and there's obviously been the terror attack in Turkey. I'm still going. I'd watch Wales anywhere.

When I was a child there was fear of the IRA. Unknown Irish people were treated with suspicion in the army town I lived in. No different now.

Whilst it's understandable why you are suggesting Muslim involvement it's not been confirmed and there are a number of potential nutters in our society. Don't add to future problems by speculating.
I'm speaking more about terrorist attacks of the last 20 years in general but I see your point.
What I'm trying to say is, religion isn't what's to blame here regardless.

Saw this thread late last night and hoped there were no casualties then I hoped it wasn't an attack. Worst fears confirmed.

Beyond comprehension that someone can have a grievance over something and so they target to kill kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.