Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Well said

I agree with the sentiment in Billy's post but it's not always that easy when it happens on our own doorstep, especially for those with kids. A mate of mine said his daughter is off to the cricket ground for The Courteeners gig on Saturday but feels there may be a family conference brewing as to whether she should or shouldn't go. Thing is, she's 18 so will have the final say on it anyway.

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I've been told there's a building on fire in Openshaw this morning.

Can't find any confirmation online but just thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone's passing through and is panicked by the police/ fire service presence.

Proud of my paramedic daughter who wasn't on duty but went in anyway without being asked. And of course I'm also proud of all of her colleagues and the other emergency services who had to deal with this. Funnily enough, as news started to come through about his horrific event, I'd been watching '999: What's Your Emergency?" about paramedics & emergency dispatchers dealing with end-of-life situations, people screaming and crying on the phone or while they're trying to resuscitate someone and thinking "How on earth do they do this job?" And at the time, in my own city, police & paramedics were dealing with people who had been blown to pieces. Bless them all.

And bless those who offered whatever help they could and still continue to do while vile human beings like Katie Hopkins call for a "final solution" and that fat, pompous **** Eamonn Holmes are slagging off the police for doing their jobs instead of giving him a detailed briefing.

We used to do this at nightclubs and events as standard mate, women are less likely to kick up a fuss if there's no lads present when their bags are searched, everyone's happier.

Fair enough that explains it, never thought of it like that.

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I've been told there's a building on fire in Openshaw this morning.

Can't find any confirmation online but just thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone's passing through and is panicked by the police/ fire service presence.
It was a fire at the Old Halfway house pub

Proud of my paramedic daughter who wasn't on duty but went in anyway without being asked. And of course I'm also proud of all of her colleagues and the other emergency services who had to deal with this. Funnily enough, as news started to come through about his horrific event, I'd been watching '999: What's Your Emergency?" about paramedics & emergency dispatchers dealing with end-of-life situations, people screaming and crying on the phone or while they're trying to resuscitate someone and thinking "How on earth do they do this job?" And at the time, in my own city, police & paramedics were dealing with people who had been blown to pieces. Bless them all.

And bless those who offered whatever help they could and still continue to do while vile human beings like Katie Hopkins call for a "final solution" and that fat, pompous **** Eamonn Holmes are slagging off the police for doing their jobs instead of giving him a detailed briefing.

Jesus wept - what is it with some people? So that's Holmes joining Hopkins and Bell on the list.

Anyway, kudos to your daughter mate, all her colleagues, and everybody else who has helped out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.