Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Armed police have just arrested somebody outside the Morrissons in chorlton.
Im guessing all the people theyve been monitoring for a while will now be getting taken in

Only just heard about this and feel sick to my stomach. Really are some truly vile people in this world. All those families torn apart cos of some sick ****.

Just read about that homeless guy who went to aid the victims..helped a little girl who had her legs blown off who was crying for her mum

I'm in tears here
That's really touched me, I'm less than sympathetic to the homeless and forget they're people too often.

I need to take a long hard look at myself.

True enough mate and people are going to react in different ways as you've alluded to regarding your wife's reaction compared to your own. I've got tickets to see Kings Of Leon at the Arena on June 9th. Obviously, that gig might not go ahead yet but if it does I can't deny I'm feeling a little nervy but as you say, where do you draw the line? It could happen anywhere where there's a crowd of people so that includes shopping centres as well, and if we go down that road we may as well never set foot outside our front door.

Exactly. I don't envy the conversation you have to have with your daughter about the Courteeners gig but remember that gigs themselves are a celebration of life and community. Ultimately if she's brave enough to say she wants to go ... yeah, it'll be hard but that's courage that deserves to be supported.

As you lose faith in humanity in these kind of situations it is good to know that it is so easily restored when you learn of the actions and stories of how people reacted. Those who helped get those kids away, those who took them in to safety, those who rushed to give blood and especially those who run towards danger to save people when others would flee... If any of you are on here you are a credit to this city.
It's not surprising how the city has reacted, it has been as I would have expected (indeed, how any other city in the uk, hit with a similar tragedy, would respond). It reflects on society and the people who make up that society and is why, inherently, 'society' is a good thing and should be encouraged. Most people start most days wanting to do what's right and yet all anyone ever focuses on are the few who don't. The vast, vast majority of us are so much better than the few unhinged idiots who do these things.
I know it sounds a bit fatuous but, when we miss the bus or can't get a seat on the train tomorrow, whether it's May or Corbin, whether Brexit is a success or not, whether City win or lose, none of that really matters. Ensuring our way of life continues is what really matters and remembering that we have much more in common with each other than we don't, and that's why we mustn't let them win.

Thoughts to all the families affected by a hurrendous situation.

We (Manchester) have faced barbaric situations before and we have all come together as a City to be much stronger.

Terrorism will never win

reports of an incident at the Arndale with people running away screaming now?

Arndale now evacuated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.