Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Still struggling to comprehend last night's events and the sheer brutality of targeting children. Truly heartbreaking.

I was at a secondary school today where 14 of the pupils had been at the concert last night, and they looked utterly shell-shocked. Thankfully no-one from the school had been injured, but obviously other schools in the area might not have been as lucky. Can't imagine what their parents are going through today.

I'm in St Anne's square pal. Office was just on lockdown but only for 15/20 minutes.
ok...only difference in here is that it's kinda eerily quiet outside....I've a feeling that loads of suspicious packages/bags, that didn't look suspicious yesterday will be causing a bit of chaos...

My granddaughter works there thank fuck she is OK but for an 18 year old she saw more than she should have. Cowardly bastards

Bomb was a 'home-made device'
Posted at12:31

Some more information has emerged about the bomb used by the attacker in the Manchester Arena attack.

Police have said it was a "home-made" improvised explosive device.

Witnesses have told the BBC there were nuts and bolts packed into the bomb.

My beautiful 12 year old grand-daughter was there last night with her mum, my daughter in law. Around 10.35 every member of the family received a text from her simply saying "I love you xxx".None of us were aware of the events unfolding.We managed to contact her and she said something terrible was happening and she was scared.She said she had heard a big explosion as they were approaching the exit leading onto the concourse.I am so happy to report that they made it out safely,but my feelings are now tempered by the thought of so many families going through the torture of their loss. I am, though, lifted by the stories of our great city reacting in it's usual manner,the people,the emergency services,medical professionals and those who run towards danger with no thought of themselves.In lifes lottery, my loved ones drew a lucky ticket,and I know I speak for all of us when I say I grieve with and for those who didn't. Also I would like to thank the moderators for their work last night, this forum could have turned nasty and they managed to keep it under control.

Thankyou for sharing that.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm 150 miles away but numb, very numb, but still sickened, angry and feeling a sense of loss.

I don't know what to say other than the worst feeling I've had is the thought that that this was an attack on the goodness of life, of the decades of care and love in all it's forms that people put into building their lives and familes, and the work that's put in to building a world to support that, a enviroment in which we can feel those moments of peace, and content.

Like most of us on here I've been to hundreds of sports events, concerts etc any one of which could have been a target.

It's not so much the geographic closeness of the event, but that sense of how easily it could have happened to one of us.

While I applaud all sentiments of defiance it's a bit futile. It won't send a message to such attackers. They aren't listening. They don't care. It's senseless, pointless violence which won't advance or further any political or religious cause. Absolutely tragic.

All we can do is crack on and support the emergency services, the victims and their relatives.

What a dark day for our great city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.