Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Bomb was a 'home-made device'
Posted at12:31

Some more information has emerged about the bomb used by the attacker in the Manchester Arena attack.

Police have said it was a "home-made" improvised explosive device.

Witnesses have told the BBC there were nuts and bolts packed into the bomb.
ISIS have just claimed responsibility, one of their 'soldiers' and usual bollocks

I cant just square this, an Asian guy is on the Jeremy Vine show just now saying ISIS believe everyone in the West is a target and there are no innocents, even Children. Better people than me will have ideas and thoughts on how to deal with this problem but anyone who has been abroad with ISIS should never be allowed back into the free world. We are spending billions on defence and end up monitoring ISIS members who have returned to our Country and we are letting them live "normal" lives. They have so much hatred in their sick, poisonous minds that they will never be welcome in our civil society, they are the dog shit in our shoes.
It's a war zone there. I don't know what restrictions are already in place, but is it not right to ban entry to the UK from all who have lived there in the last few years (or have origins there possibly) until it feels safer here? There's no doubt we are in a very different kind of war than usual, we (the west) are under attack whatever people say, so more extreme measures are justified.

Last night, like other attacks, is not remotely acceptable and hard measures have to be taken to make the populace safe. Whether thats completely pulling out of the middle east (unlikely with this govt. as western companies have made obscene amounts of money off the horror there) or whatever else necessary. It's not ok to compare things like last night with "oh well there's far more car accidents that kill people than terrorist attacks so it shouldn't change the way we do things." People bombing and killing/injuring tens of people at a concert, one targeted for being full of young girls no doubt - is not fucking acceptable whatever spin people put on it. Living under a terror threat at severe for a number of years is NOT acceptable.

Edit: Sorry forgot I was in this thread - not the time for this here, emotions still running high!

Last edited:
We were out last night meeting up with our ex-pat friend we have not seen for 10 years, I was laughing and joking with her well travelled American husband about his paranoid work-mates advising him to watch his back whilst in the U.K. I woke up this morning to find out my cousin took her beautiful daughter to the gig last night who is now undergoing surgery on an injured leg, she has survived but I fear it may live with her the rest of her young life.

My love and thoughts are with her

Seems to be very little fresh news coming out. Hopefully a media blackout in place while the security forces go about their work rounding up the feckers

IS claiming responsibility, perpetrator appears to be a British citizen.

ISIS would claim responsibility when this site goes down after a defeat.

They're full of shit. A bunch of people living in caves and abandoned buildings in the Middle East and getting smashed to pieces by the Iraqi Army every day in Mosul. They don't have the logistical capabilities for something like this. Instead they claim these attacks to keep their name in the papers and in the minds of decent folk, and the press lap it up like the sensationalising lapdogs that they are.

Seems to be very little fresh news coming out. Hopefully a media blackout in place while the security forces go about their work rounding up the feckers

Indeed, it is to prevent those involved from knowing they are about to get a 'knock' on the door.

After the London bombings there was no such thing and they immediately said he was a lone wolf because he wasn't a known person.

It seems they have found out his identity and given they aren't releasing it he is probably known to the security services along with a network of associates.

First victim named went to my old school, grew up just around the corner from me. So close to home, makes me numb.

ISIS would claim responsibility when this site goes down after a defeat.

They're full of shit. A bunch of people living in caves and abandoned buildings in the Middle East and getting smashed to pieces by the Iraqi Army every day in Mosul. They don't have the logistical capabilities for something like this. Instead they claim these attacks to keep their name in the papers and in the minds of decent folk, and the press lap it up like the sensationalising lapdogs that they are.
I tend to agree, I'm just repeating the latest news.

First victim named went to my old school, grew up just around the corner from me. So close to home, makes me numb.

Balshaws? I went to Worden and then Runshaw for college, far too close to home indeed it is horrible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.