Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

What do I do? I've got tickets to a gig at the Albert hall tonight and have been looking forward to it for months. If it was just me there would be absolutely no question that I would go especially now because I hate the idea of these wankers stopping people from living their lives as they wish. The problem is that I'm going with my girlfriend and, although today is probably one of the safest times due to the police presence and security checks, I won't ever be able to forgive myself if something does happen.
Well I wouldn't want to influence your choice but if it was me I don't think I'd be worrying about tonight, especially at the Albert Hall, it's actually not that well known a venue.

According to the Albert Hall website all of their events are going ahead. Kind of wish they took the decision out of my hands.

I'm going to a gig at Gorilla tonight mate and something at the Lowry tomorrow, then to a festival in Leeds at the weekend. These cunts arent stopping me and my missus.

Ive a gig at the arena next Tuesday too but i presume that will be cancelled. I do hope it isnt though, theres no bigger fuck you to these scumbags than us living our lives

Not sure what point you are trying to make here?

The point I'm finding quite difficult to make without offending anyone is that Ariana Grande is widely considered to be an artist whose overtly sexual material (her recent collaboration with Nikki Minaj was literally about having rough sex and being rendered unable to walk properly as a result) is very keenly targeted at very young girls. While we don't want it to be the case, there exists in this country and elsewhere an element of society who find this exceptional to the point of violent reaction.

I personally value free expression above many other issues. But I'm saying that to consider this awful atrocity a purely indiscriminate attack is naive.

Well I wouldn't want to influence your choice but if it was me I don't think I'd be worrying about tonight, especially at the Albert Hall, it's actually not that well known a venue.

I think you're right. There's just that tiny bit of doubt in my mind but I guess that's part of the desired effect. I'll see how I feel closer to the time.

I'm going to a gig at Gorilla tonight mate and something at the Lowry tomorrow, then to a festival in Leeds at the weekend. These cunts arent stopping me and my missus.

Ive a gig at the arena next Tuesday too but i presume that will be cancelled. I do hope it isnt though, theres no bigger fuck you to these scumbags than us living our lives

I think you're absolutely spot on there mate, cheers.

My wife came downstairs this morning and I told her about this attack. She's a primary teacher.

'Islamic terrorism?' She asked

'Looks like it'

'Who was playing?'

'Ariana Grande'

'I'm sorry, but I'm not surprised at all'.

Sounds cold, but it isn't.

Two very serious issues arise from this appalling incident in my home city. Firstly, that there are people living nearby willing to mass murder our children in such a way. The second is exactly why they picked Monday and not later in the week when Take That were due to play, which would also have been a sell out crowd.

Sorry if this offends anyone, that isn't the intention at all. But nobody anywhere seems to be asking this question.

Seems like the actions explain your question and is plain to see Ariana Grande is a global pop star and actress in the youth/teen market so any attack on her concert will bring global news, also as it's a family friendly concert and no civilized person would envisage such an attack on such a thing it being a target seems obvious as vigilence will be lower.
As paris atracks have shown the day doesn't matter

My wife came downstairs this morning and I told her about this attack. She's a primary teacher.

'Islamic terrorism?' She asked

'Looks like it'

'Who was playing?'

'Ariana Grande'

'I'm sorry, but I'm not surprised at all'.

Sounds cold, but it isn't.

Two very serious issues arise from this appalling incident in my home city. Firstly, that there are people living nearby willing to mass murder our children in such a way. The second is exactly why they picked Monday and not later in the week when Take That were due to play, which would also have been a sell out crowd.

Sorry if this offends anyone, that isn't the intention at all. But nobody anywhere seems to be asking this question.
Because killing children rather than people in their 40s has a bigger impact.

It's sickening.

The point I'm finding quite difficult to make without offending anyone is that Ariana Grande is widely considered to be an artist whose overtly sexual material (her recent collaboration with Nikki Minaj was literally about having rough sex and being rendered unable to walk properly as a result) is very keenly targeted at very young girls. While we don't want it to be the case, there exists in this country and elsewhere an element of society who find this exceptional to the point of violent reaction.

I personally value free expression above many other issues. But I'm saying that to consider this awful atrocity a purely indiscriminate attack is naive.

Think your looking into it too much there. May be why they chose that particular one but if not that, they would have chosen another simply because it's a major venue within the U.K. Doesn't change anything and it's not that that has brought terrorism here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.