Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

I do believe that it is not a good thing to promote as suitable to eg 6-10 year olds a raunchy act with a lot of inappropriate lyrics. Nor do I think it a good thing to make women wear burquas. Obviously none of this has anything to do with whether it is right or wrong to murder (it obviously isn't). We were talking about what point the murderers might have had in choosing this concert.

I dont for one second believe we should try to find excuses for them and their murderous actions.

They chose the target because it will have been seen as soft, of high value with regards publicity and of course, they would have felt they could inflict large casualty numbers and they will always attack where people are gathered in significant numbers.

12 of the 59 injured are under 16

I still can't take in making kids your target whatever your cause

Sadly the trend from isis or affiliates has been to try and ramp up the heinous of their executions; from beheadings, burning victims alive, drowning, throwing off buildings etc - this looks like a worrying new phase where they have decided to reach for the sickest crimes possible for maximum global attention - sociopaths looking for the ultimate horror story!

It can't. But I suppose following what the other poster was saying, they may have chosen this target to draw attention to "defects" in our society, in the same way we draw attention to issues in eg Islamic society we disapprove of.

They see anything as a defect in our society. Paris was seen as a city of debauchery. The west as a whole is seen this way. They chose this target for maximum effect. I doubt they are trying to stop the over sexual lyrics reaching the ears of young girls. They are just trying to stop what they see as against their warped version of Islam. That's all music as I understand it.
The problem is their targets could be anything. The gay village. A City game, The Printworks. I think they have been planning something for Manchester for a while. This just happened to be a concert that came at the right time for them. Maybe we're less vigilant at some events. A Monday. Kids present. It just goes to show there is no low they won't stoop to.

How the fuck can they live with themselves? Innocent kids on both sides being killed by bombs?

It's all fucking madness................this world makes me so mad sometimes

If it was me in your situation i would go. I won't let them scum bags spoil your night out. Don't let them win by not getting on with our lives.

i work in London every day, go pubs, clubs, concerts, west ham etc often..the thought of not going because there could be a terrorist attack has never crossed my mind to be honest - you would never leave the house otherwise

So after speaking to her we've decided to go. Pretty disappointed in myself for even considering otherwise to be honest but I've only just reached the point in my life where I have to think about more than just number one.

Staying at home would absolutely be the wrong choice.

It is quite correct to say that we shouldn't allow ourselves to be cowed by terrorism.
Sadly this atrocity will affect many people very profoundly and some may never get over this day when their world was brutally destroyed.
I sincerely hope that those people can find a way, eventually, to adjust and move forward from this.

So after speaking to her we've decided to go. Pretty disappointed in myself for even considering otherwise to be honest but I've only just reached the point in my life where I have to think about more than just number one.

Staying at home would absolutely be the wrong choice.

Good man, and enjoy - the Albert hall is a great venue, saw Paul Weller there and had a great time

How the fuck can they live with themselves? Innocent kids on both sides being killed by bombs?

It's all fucking madness................this world makes me so mad sometimes

No.

Don't do that.

The British and Americans have been bombing the Middle East for 50 years, often for our own personal gain rather than any sort of protection. We've carved it up, broke deals, and created tense situations in what is a complex multi-ethnic area. Our hands are not clean in terms of the turmoil in the area.

But we bomb military soldiers and on the odd tragic occasion, children and other innocents are caught in the cross fire.

What we don't do is look for places with the most amount of children and drop bombs designed to slice through flesh as efficiently as possible.

There's no moral equivalence here. We've done terrible things in the Middle East on a political level but on the worst days we've never degraded ourselves to this type of level. They do these things because they have a twisted fascistic ideology that states that all people are killable in order to achieve their goals, in the same way that the Nazis ranked unimportance by race.

One thing that worries me young girls getting into cars with strangers, particularly whilst the police are so pre-occupied. I'm sure that most people just want to help but this is the perfect opportunity for predators. I hope I'm wrong and just over thinking the situation but with all the reports of people still missing it makes you wonder.

Having lived through the IRA bombings and now this ,all it shows is that the next day the public go on with normal life -the terrorists waste innocent lives for no purpose but a brief bit of media coverage for causes that will never succeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.