Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Parents Libyan refugees that fled the country in the 80s.

Some news outlets reporting his brother is probably the other lad arrested in chorlton, and that his dad is in tripoli where he visits regularry, and well known in south manc libyan community and speaks out against ISIS and jihadists regulary and is believed to be distraut
Also him and his brother may have been in Libya during the arab spring fighting the in the rebellion.

All speculation at present though.

Last edited:
Shocked and totally disgusted by the actions of this very disturbed local man last night. Just listening to the media reports about the security services trying to establish whether he was working alone. I would suggest that in the modern world of connectivity and social media he was very well connected to extremism and was therefore definitely not working alone. I feel the only way to try and prevent this kind of thing happening again is censorship and control of the internet. Extremist sites should be closed down and people should not be able to access such extreme material, be it fanatical extreme views or even instructions on how to make explosives. Internet links with countries or regions with extremist control should be closed down. Personally I am not a fan of censorship but I see no other way of combatting the dissemination of such evil. Last night was a game changer for me. I'm not bothered about freedom of speech I would just like the terrorism to end. Is this even possible ?

Dont know if it's true or not but heard on the radio about some Asian Taxi drivers from Liverpool turning off their meters and helping ferry the injured. If so, fair play and a huge pat on the back, one in the eye for the terrorists....

The terrorist was Libyan.... terrorists have no identity mate, this needs to stop being touted as such. A taxi driver came to help, end of!!!

I'm an idiot because i'm saying what i see on Twitter?

No because you are using twitter as a barometer of sensible comment this tragedy should be devoid of any poitical commentry also, which is not needed at this time, such events as this should unite us not devide us.

290phev.jpg

Just like to show thanks to the fantastic job the emergency services do , police officers who run to danger when we run away from it , the doctors and nurses who give so much love and dedication , firemen and paramedics who face danger head on . Totally devastated , it's my City and boy do I fucking love it .

No because you are using twitter as a barometer of sensible comment this tragedy should be devoid of any poitical commentry also, which is not needed at this time, such events as this should unite us not devide us.
I respect that, however I do believe these people should be investigated. For the nations sake. I will unite at the prospect of many more of these cowards being caught before they unleash the terror they have in mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.