Queues

I would imagine that an orderly queue entering a stadium is less of an attractive target; harder for an individual to blend in, people facing the same direction, and fewer people in a congested area. Instead, an attack at the end of a match, particularly a night match, when crowds of people are crowded into a concourse pushing in one direction would lead to greater carnage and confusion.

We don't all arrive at the game at the same time, but we generally leave en masse, and people are only thinking of getting elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the authorities started advocating staggered leaving, but I'm not sure how that could be done practically.

well we all leave early so staying to the end will protect you.

and yes before I get jumped on that's a joke, just to try and lighten the mood slightly.

I think we know why they have been doing the searches now

wrong, it proves that a terrorist doesn't need to get in to a venue to ruin lives which has been said on here many many times. the worst spot at home games for me is city square but no security measures in place to protect this areas. also a girl interviewed by itv news said her bag was checked and hers friends wasn't, sounds so familiar that doesn't it.

We don't all arrive at the game at the same time, but we generally leave en masse, and people are only thinking of getting elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the authorities started advocating staggered leaving, but I'm not sure how that could be done practically.
I suspect someone funny will mention that we've been doing it for years...

Queues seem somewhat unimportant now. Security MUST be increased. I don't want to be blown up by these bastards so if it means I have to arrive much earlier then so be it. Agree that the security folk need to look AND be more professional and I for one will make this point to the club but if this means delays in getting in the ground it's a necessity.
It happened at the end of the concert

football grounds are such a easy target it makes you lose sleep at night thinking about it

first thing is the entrance and people getting a little bit hot under the collar when checks are made bags and other stuff all get checked but you can still sneak in flairs and smoke bombs and fireworks and people still think its ok to do that sort of thing ???

and next how easy is it to just walk up the the ground with the last 10 mins of the game and people rushing out the gates are open NO ticket need to just walk in and stand on the concourse just like last night they been doing there home work alright so easy nobody bats a eye. we must learn from this and next season football will change and clubs will need to start to bring in police not stewards police with guns yes i know your laughing but talk to the people mums and dads from last night who lost loved ones you want laugh then

we need armed police at stadiums and checks on everybody and even when the gates open at the end police with guns stopping anybody coming in is needed forget the price of policing football you can not put a price on life. no more easy targets in england we need a strong arm of the law even the army should play a part it
Fucking hell.....

Thing is they wouldn't even need to enter the area of the stadium to cause carnage. Get on the tram a couple of stops up from the Etihad (so no security checks) with something in a bag. Time it so the tram they are on arrives at the stadium 10 minutes after full time and then everyone crams on. There is really no way to stop it if someone has the desire and capability to do it.

No amount of security will stop a suicide bomber if the bomber is to get searched he will just detonate.The stewards searching have not the experience .training to deal with such a threat .
Would you let your son.daughter ect work on security now with a good chance they would be the frontline if there was a terrorist attack

No amount of security will stop a suicide bomber if the bomber is to get searched he will just detonate.The stewards searching have not the experience .training to deal with such a threat .
Would you let your son.daughter ect work on security now with a good chance they would be the frontline if there was a terrorist attack

(No amount of security will stop a suicide bomber) this is so true and pains me to say so

we have to live life to the full and put it behind us and we have to just get on with it the (game of life) we are playing
every time somebody puts up a stumbling block we have to smash it together and keep moving on in feel the pain but show no pain its the british way of life

We are kidding ourselves if we believe getting searched going into stadiums ect is the answer .what is one of the stewards suposed to do if he discovers some one has a bomb or a gun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.