It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but I don't see Semedo coming in as backup LB/RB. No way we can convince him of that, we would have to trick him into thinking he gets regular minutes. I still think this is better:

LB: Starter --> rotate every now and then with a younger player
RB: Starter --> rotate every now and then with a younger player

I think Duhaney from the academy has the attacking qualities to be a good rotation option, OR we buy a young prospect from somewhere else. Much easier to convince someone that costs like 10-15 million to be a backup than a player who goes for like 35-40 million as a backup.

I see where you are coming from. Think Semedo would still get regular minutes, not a "starter" but still maybe 30 games in all competitions given Pep's rotation. For example

Game 1: Sandro/Walker
Game 2: Sandro/Semedo
Game 3: Back 3
Game 4: Semedo/Walker

I think we should definitely buy Sessegnon he would be available for a decent price and is a wonderful prospect. My main issue with having a younger player as a back up is what happens when we get this run of games for example

Wednesday: Juve (A) CL
Saturday: Chelsea (H) PL
Tuesday: Napoli (H) CL
Saturday: Everton (A) PL

All crucial games, can we really depend on a young player at LB/RB in one of those games. Its a massive risk, what if Hazard destroys him and we lose/draw the game. Points dropped and the youngster loses a lot confidence that will be difficult to repair.

I see where you are coming from. Think Semedo would still get regular minutes, not a "starter" but still maybe 30 games in all competitions given Pep's rotation. For example

I think we should definitely buy Sessegnon he would be available for a decent price and is a wonderful prospect. My main issue with having a younger player as a back up is what happens when we get this run of games for example

All crucial games, can we really depend on a young player at LB/RB in one of those games. Its a massive risk, what if Hazard destroys him and we lose/draw the game. Points dropped and the youngster loses a lot confidence that will be difficult to repair.
Hmm the Game 1,2,3 is very similar to something I posted about Sane, Sterling and Roberts rotating in two positions lol. I like it, except you don't need the back 3 part, just go Game 1,2,4. Each player plays 2 games in a row, then 1 game off.

Honestly, if we get all 3 of those players I'd be ecstatic, I didn't want to come off as not wanting them, just wondering about the feesibility of the club rationalizing the purchases. I think it could work if they can convince Semedo like this "We don't have 2 starters and 1 backup, we have 3 players rotating in 2 spots, all 3 players will play more than enough games to be happy". Hopefully the other two players will be okay with Semedo getting like 30 games (taking around 15 games off each of them).

Hmm the Game 1,2,3 is very similar to something I posted about Sane, Sterling and Roberts rotating in two positions lol. I like it, except you don't need the back 3 part, just go Game 1,2,4. Each player plays 2 games in a row, then 1 game off.

Honestly, if we get all 3 of those players I'd be ecstatic, I didn't want to come off as not wanting them, just wondering about the feesibility of the club rationalizing the purchases. I think it could work if they can convince Semedo like this "We don't have 2 starters and 1 backup, we have 3 players rotating in 2 spots, all 3 players will play more than enough games to be happy". Hopefully the other two players will be okay with Semedo getting like 30 games (taking around 15 games off each of them).

lol. Its a good policy! Your way makes sense too, I think we can definitely convince him on that, would be great if they all come. Very excited already. Hopefully Roberts comes back and plays a role with us, I think its time. Towards the middle of the season, I was skeptical but he has been on fire and definitely deserves a chance. Can offer more than Nolito and Navas for sure, and is English too.

So are you saying we weren't snubbed because its a word you don't like?
I don't like the word either but half suspect that the snub theory is wrong.........simply Arsenal won't sell to us!
He's also a short arse 5'6 We need a player to raise our height up front.......and I don't mean Andy Carrol

I must be on my own thinking we should go for Barkley.

There's an extremely good player in there gone stale at a club that's done nothing to help him improve, with managers that have failed to nurture the talent he has. Koeman possibly could but I wouldn't blame Ross for thinking he needs a change.

With a manager like Pep and a player like David around him every day, it could be the making of the lad. Worth the risk ten fold even if it's just to replace Delph or Fernando.

I'd rather take the risk it ends in tears than watch him flourish somewhere else for what will probably be a decent price given his contract situation.

I'm with you on this one mate. I'd only have him for no more than 20 mil though

We couldn't be in a group with Napoli and Juventus. But I take the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.