Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

This has affected me more than I thought it would to be honest, feel really angry and a bit emotional.

You try and sympathise when you hear of the Paris attacks for example but you don't really feel it until someone has gone into a place you know and love and done something like this... doesn't feel good at all.
I'm the same, for me I think it's because the fucking animal targeted children. You can't and shouldn't compare atrocities but I keep on thinking about Dunblane.

The direct thing we can do to prevent "homegrown" is have a nationwide effort to address minority communities that have some conclave sense of loyalty where stuff like this breeds and their religious places. I've thought whether a religious council for the country to discuss such issues would be beneficial. They need to be reading from a "hymn sheet" of not isolated communities but being a part of the country's community, whatever skin colour or religious beliefs.

Then the Middle East - the root of all the issue needs to be addressed. ISIS clearly need wiping off the face of the Earth and then they clearly need STRONG leaders. Any typical democratic, suit wearing politician aint gonna last there. If it means iron fist rulers like Assad maybe that's what's necessary as they are so religious it only takes one to want to manipulate that for their own gain and it's not so hard when things aren't going well in the country. If people like Assad are necessary, we need to have the necessary agreements and checks in place to make sure they don't abuse their power. Education in the middle east is a huge must as well. It used to be the centre of academic excellence in the world and it'd take a huge concerted effort to get it moving back in that direction but it needs to be done and it can be done. The only problem is the Middle East is seen as some sort of sand pit for companies to make shit loads of money like there aren't real lives suffering because of it.

May be worth a try. It is my understanding many of the types that will carry out acts like this are well known in the community and worship centers. They are often told to leave the centers of worship and somewhat shunned by more rational neighbours.

The problem is, they are not often reported to the authorities because the more moderates in the area don't want the government's attention and thus the news media etc painting them all with the same broad brush.

I'm the same, for me I think it's because the fucking animal targeted children. You can't and shouldn't compare atrocities but I keep on thinking about Dunblane.

He's not an "animal". They don't do things like this to their own kind for no reason. I'm not sure what term is appropriate but we are doing animals a disservice. :)

Choked up today at Albert Square.

Lots of immigrants that were Muslims with banners about loving not hating and chanting about loving Manchester in broken English.

Felt like they were apologising for something they had no involvement in and were putting themselves out there as decent people.

The amount of humanity is overwhelming.

I love this city.

Yeah that makes it even worse that they upped it to such levels deliberately targeting the most vulnerable to inflict the most damage, it's probably wrong to ask but can't help but think why Manchester.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.