Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

I'm with Damo on this, it doesn't mean another "will" happen it means another "may" happen, they raise the level to sanction putting extra things in place for vigilance.

Yes, the same as every other attack.

They raise it until they're sure then drop it rather than raising it on information.
Actually it's only the 3rd time it's been raised to critical. First time was 2006 when there was an alleged plot to blow up aircraft with liquid bombs and the second time was after some blokes tried to blow up a nightclub in London and one of them then drove into Glasgow airport, in 2007. 3 or 4 days later the threat was downgraded back to substantial.

The sad truth is, our security services simply don't have the resources to watch every "person of interest" all of the time, and no amount of chucking money at it will ever change that. That's why we all have to play our part as citizens.
Aye but I thought people coming back from places like that, no less people whose family origins are there, no less a young adult male travelling alone or with other similar aged males would be watched with a hawks eye and/or interrogated at the airport.

Personally think anyone coming directly or indirectly from Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria (countries with ISIS in or instability such as they have) should have a temporary ban until things have calmed down. It's a war zone there, there are many extreme individuals trying to travel there and back with a mind to conduct attacks in the west, it's not profiling or racist, it's an absolute no brainer and it'd be the same view if it was Serbia, Russia or wherever.

Actually it's only the 3rd time it's been raised to critical. First time was 2006 when there was an alleged plot to blow up aircraft with liquid bombs and the second time was after some blokes tried to blow up a nightclub in London and one of them then drove into Glasgow airport, in 2007. 3 or 4 days later the threat was downgraded back to substantial.

4th. Was raised before 7/7

I'm with Damo on this, it doesn't mean another "will" happen it means another "may" happen, they raise the level to sanction putting extra things in place for vigilance.
Oh course it's not a certainty but you can't stop people raising concerns by threatening to ban them.

I'm actually feeling quite anxious and worried, I wish I could help it but I can't. My stomach is in knots

Not the best explanation mate - pretty damned obvious it can't mean one WILL happen as no-one knows that, so it's obviously the case that one MAY happen, however highly likely that due to intelligence they are believing the likelihood may have increased.

Now read the rest of that page
Does it really matter?

Aren't the sentiments exactly the same? Higher than usual risk because they cannot establish whether he was a lone wolf or if there are further terrorists at large?

I really do think you're being extremely pedantic here over an issue which means the same whichever way you come at it. In either case, the Government have raised the level to critical which means further attacks may be imminent,

Please let others interpret the way they wish to, as you are doing - we don't all follow the same thought processes (thankfully)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.