Europa League Final

I'm not saying the game should be postponed or anything, and I realise that life has to carry on. I just find it hard to care too much about the outcome.

I'm not saying the game should be postponed or anything, and I realise that life has to carry on. I just find it hard to care too much about the outcome.
Trouble is ric everyone's devastated, but if we postpone games change our everyday activities the terrorists win

Yes its a difficult one whether we demonstrate that life goes on normally or admit that we are still in a mood of total sympathy for everyone affected.

I was born in 71 so im a bit of a Pup but can remember stories in my family of the time of the Munich disaster and how it affected everybody at the time with everyone pulling for Utd to be successful. It was a footballing tragedy and rightly so, a football community rallied.

Monday nights atrocity had nothing to do with football, nothing and at no point should anyone try and link it that way, blue or red.

Tonights game is just another game and as a Blue i will be cheering Ajax on because thats what Blues do.

I was born in 71 so im a bit of a Pup but can remember stories in my family of the time of the Munich disaster and how it affected everybody at the time with everyone pulling for Utd to be successful. It was a footballing tragedy and rightly so, a football community rallied.

Monday nights atrocity had nothing to do with football, nothing and at no point should anyone try and link it that way, blue or red.

Tonights game is just another game and as a Blue i will be cheering Ajax on because thats what Blues do.
Correct well put

Honestly, football is nothing, after what happened it is genuinely difficult to get enthused. That said, plenty of rags will be galvanised and uplifted by football and the escapism it can provide tonight.

Regardless, I've always maintained there's only one club in Manchester. The tragedy is national, but it's our tragedy first and foremost. They can share in our grief and loss, but cannot expect our support in return. Tonight, I'll be indulging in a more traditional form of escapism for Blues as I cheer on the team that's playing United. Whoever wins, terrorism will lose.

Under normal circumstances an Ajax win would have me laughing my arse off for a few hours. Tonight it'll at least raise a smile.

I was in 2 minds when I woke up this morning about how I wanted this result to go. I was thinking what we need now is unity and togetherness, and what better way to show that than shaking a rags hand today and wishing them luck. A better thing though would be to carry on as normal, hope they get stuffed and take the piss relentlessly for the next few months. Because that's what we are supposed to do!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.