Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts may well be a good option.
He's an option, yes, but think we need to be able to rotate, Jesus, Sane Aguero withpout dropping quality, and I don't think they would go into the season as important as the next with only Roberts and Sterling, to back those 3 up., over 60 games, could you imagine going into the back end of next season with only Sane Roberts Sterling available ?

He's an option, yes, but think we need to be able to rotate, Jesus, Sane Aguero withpout dropping quality, and I don't think they would go into the season as important as the next with only Roberts and Sterling, to back those 3 up., over 60 games, could you imagine going into the back end of next season with only Sane Roberts Sterling available ?
I don't know mate, Roberts might surprise us. Sane will be older and wiser as will Raheem. Who knows how they will continue to develop. If we can get Sanchez fine, but I do think we have more pressing priorities. I also would like to see us have a plan B striker. Someone better in the air. I hear that lad at Roma is quite tidy;-). Maybe Unal will fit the bill at some stage although next season wil be too early for him yet.

I don't know mate, Roberts might surprise us. Sane will be older and wiser as will Raheem. Who knows how they will continue to develop. If we can get Sanchez fine, but I do think we have more pressing priorities. I also would like to see us have a plan B striker. Someone better in the air. I hear that lad at Roma is quite tidy;-). Maybe Unal will fit the bill at some stage although next season wil be too early for him yet.
Unal looks very promising, I wouldn't be too surprised if Sergio looks to leave for Argentina next summer and Unal could well be back to support Jesus, A season on loan somewhere like Germany could be the making of him

No mate, if Sanchez is signed, he'd be a replacement for Nolito.

Nolito was part of our forwards in the beginning when Jesus was also signed, the season was planned with him and the the rest because they were supposed to rotate so that they wouldn't have to play every 3 days like Sane and Sterling did every match and drop in form.
But Nolito doesn't even get on the bench and would be even further away from the team next season assuming Roberts is involved. In short, Nolito doesn't have a role in our squad and doesn't need replacing

We need a goalkeeper, defenders and maybe a deep midfielder. I can't see where Sanchez fits in unless Aguero goes, and I don't see that happening. Jesus is best playing down the middle I think or as part of a fluid front 3, but we're told that Guardiola likes his wide players to stay very wide. I don't think that really suits Jesus. he needs to be down the middle. Our forward line is not 100% sorted but it's close. But the defensive side of our team needs to be totally overhauled and I think that's where we'll see the ins and outs.

Roberts may well be a good option.

Roberts will be fine as 4th/5th choice as long as we sign another world class forward. But, i think it's almost impossible we start the season with Navas/Nolito leaving and the only incoming forward/attacker being Roberts. Pep ain't taking that risk and nor should he.

Roberts will be fine as 4th/5th choice as long as we sign another world class forward. But, i think it's almost impossible we start the season with Navas/Nolito leaving and the only incoming forward/attacker being Roberts. Pep ain't taking that risk and nor should he.

Can't see Roberts being happy as a last resort. He's got the taste for football now, I think he'll be like Denayer and want to play every week.

If we get Sanchez, and start the season with Sterling, Sané, Roberts, Sanchez, Aguero, Jesus then I think he'll realise he's got no chance of playing and push for a loan.

If we don't get Sanchez and start the season with Sterling, Sané, Roberts, Aguero, Jesus than Roberts will end up playing a lot, 30-40 games a season and Pep will need to trust him.

Can't see Roberts being happy as a last resort. He's got the taste for football now, I think he'll be like Denayer and want to play every week.

If we get Sanchez, and start the season with Sterling, Sané, Roberts, Sanchez, Aguero, Jesus then I think he'll realise he's got no chance of playing and push for a loan.

If we don't get Sanchez and start the season with Sterling, Sané, Roberts, Aguero, Jesus than Roberts will end up playing a lot, 30-40 games a season and Pep will need to trust him.

That's not happening IMO. We'll sell Roberts (or loan him) if he wants to play 30/40 games. He won't get them at City next season. I appreciate that there's a lot of excitement at the loan spell that he's had, but I can only reiterate that with Nolito and Navas leaving (and Kelechi), and Pep's comments about buying goals, it's almost impossible that Roberts is the only attacking addition we make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.