Lonely

Why Always Ste

Ever felt lonely as an adult male?

I have no family. My Brother has his own life, as does my Mother.

I lost my job a few weeks back, my love of my life ended it with me a few months ago.

I'm just sat here in my home, very isolated with nobody to turn to.

Any experience with this Blues?
If so, what did you do?

I've just been going outside in nature, walking the dog.
This has helped me.

It sounds so sad, but this forum is my only social tool right now as I have no friends, no work, nothing.

I've posted views on here and many posters will think I'm a **** for my views.

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but get off your couch and take up some hobbies.

Interacting will do you the world of good, moreso than anything digitally will do. Find something way outside your comfort zone and it'll open up a whole new world to you.

I lost my job a few weeks back, my love of my life ended it with me a few months ago.

If so, what did you do?

This has helped me.

It sounds so sad, but this forum is my only social tool right now as I have no friends, no work, nothing.

Get on dating sites, get out to your pub it is piss easy to get chatting to blues on matchdays etc get going to the job centre/hand out CVs, do volunteer work whatever you do don't just allow yourself to fester inside.

If so, what did you do?

This has helped me.

Seeing as you've just lost your job and if money allows look for some vocational work overseas or even in the UK for a month or so as that will lead you into contact with other people and may leave you feeling positive about having done things to help less fortunate people...I'd love to do it myself but have not had the time due to family and work commitments

If so, what did you do?

This has helped me.

Everyone thinks everyone's a **** at some time on here, so don't think it's only you mate.
Walking and joining things is the way to go.
If you are really low go to the docs. They are really helpful and sympathetic.

Hang in there mate. You're going through a rough patch but it can/will get better. I was in a rough patch at the end of last year (more feeling isolated and having terrible luck as opposed to lonely..but i have felt lonely before...and made a similar thread on this forum a couple of years back).

I'm in a good spot right now and I think it's due to a few things. I found some new hobbies and have set myself goals (i want to go to everest base camp and climb El Capitan by 2020). I got a new job which i enjoy. I've booked a holiday to america in july. I've recently bought a dog.

Not sure what will work for you but try and see this rough patch through by doing things purely for yourself. Set some long and short term goals. Want to want to improve yourself. Might sound cliched but you have to be the one to get things rolling. Before you go to bed tonight just say "fuck it", have a good sleep and wake up more determined tomorrow.

If so, what did you do?

This has helped me.

PM me anytime you want to talk mate.

If so, what did you do?

This has helped me.

Been there mate - post divorce i had gone from a fun house with 2 kids and my mrs to six weeks later not speaking to my mum and brother, an empty house and trying to keep a business going during a recession, juggling huge mortgages, a divorce lawyer and not many friends. I found exercise and the gym was my escape - i slowly but steadily took pride in getting fit and my getting confidence back up. I remember one night trying to chat a bird u in town and she rebuffed me and i have never ever felt as low in my life.

It has taken me ten years to rebuild completely - in two weeks i get married again - now got 3 amazing kids and a better social circle, half of the forum will still think i am a **** also but that is nothing too much to worry about.

Stay positive and life changes - you will be abetter person for a tough spell, trust me.

What line of work are you in? Let me know and might be able to assist.

If so, what did you do?

This has helped me.

Mate. I'm not a psychiatrist, but just posting and talking about it is a good first step. Don't stew on it in silence. There are many on here who can empathise.

I'm not even going to tell you what to do, as I've not got a clue, so speak to someone who does.

Good luck mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.