Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Various Albanians are called Tony and believe Blair saved their life. You're conflating two billion people into a single group and it's ridiculous

Yeah. They created the name Tonibler, theres loads of people over there called that

I don't agree that he's a racist there's more to him than that, and just labelling him doesn't solve a problem it's counter productive.

I don't think Tommy Robinson is a racist, for the record. He's many things but as with you, those things are more complicated than that.

However, he's a prominent figure in numerous organisations which ARE racist.

Which to be honest is splitting hairs. It doesn't matter his personal views, only the actions and speech which he's ultimately responsible for

When asked about his background by Victoria Derbyshire on Radio 5 Live, Yaxley-Lennon said "...both of my parents were Irish immigrants to this country” so perhaps you should take your issue up with him. Neither of his parents would have been born before 1945 and by that time Ireland had been an independent sovereign state for nearly 25 years.
Indeed, and I'm old enough to remember when the Irish communities were under similar suspicion by the nations knights.

I don't think Tommy Robinson is a racist, for the record. He's many things but as with you, those things are more complicated than that.

However, he's a prominent figure in numerous organisations which ARE racist.

Which to be honest is splitting hairs. It doesn't matter his personal views, only the actions and speech which he's ultimately responsible for

You could say he's been radicalised the same way the side he opposes have been radicalised. Although the shutting him down approach because he's deemed to be a racist isn't and wont work.

When asked about his background by Victoria Derbyshire on Radio 5 Live, Yaxley-Lennon said "...both of my parents were Irish immigrants to this country” so perhaps you should take your issue up with him. Neither of his parents would have been born before 1945 and by that time Ireland had been an independent sovereign state for nearly 25 years.
I did see that but was having a general moan. Many with Irish heritage use the term, but it's used wrongly. Immigrant means foreign. The law explicitly states that the Rep. is not a foreign country. We both function as part of the isles and migration has been a natural thing either way since we were islands, we are the same peoples compared with the rest of the world (though we can subdivide within that). We both have equal rights in either country with the exception that British can't vote in Irish Presidency elections.

Anyway, my view on "Tommy Robinson" - people might form their own opinion that he is racist which is fine but they shouldn't automatically dismiss or shut him down when he speaks about such matters as it does themselves a disservice. He may offer an alternative thought that they hadn't thought of that may otherwise help them from what they later view as a more appropriate view of the matter than they had before (directly or indirectly from something he may say that they either agree with or don't). I've seen him on Question Time in the past and nobody wanted to let him speak which was disgusting. He puts himself out there because he feels strongly about wanting to protect other people, he may do it in the wrong ways but shutting people down with views like his and calling them racist only isolates them and worsens the societal problem. Likewise a lot of people in groups like the EDL want to protect their country and other people from stuff like this but may not have the education to think intelligently about the situation and past the basic, instinctive emotions they blurt out. My view is we should keep dialogue with people on all sides and help one another understand all different points of view involved and then we can work together to an appropriate solution (this would reign in right wing views where attacking them only pushes them to them). I don't agree with anyone dismissing anyone's views and I don't do it of people I don't like as a lot of the time their views that I may disagree with I find help mould mine into more appropriate ones that address the reality of the situation (taking into account views of others that independently arise and that I have no control over - nor would there be point in wanting to) and not one that just wants everyone to agree with mine - except attention seekers who want to profit from controversy like Katie Hopkins.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.