Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Sanchez has his heart set on joining us it will be a who a blinks first scenario between him and the Arsenal bosses. Arsenal do not want to sell him to us, Sanchez is desperate to move this summer and if Arsenal say you can go to PSG or stay here for another year its down to him to stand his ground, if Arsenal let him go on a free in 12 months and pass up £40m-£50m that would be madness!!

Personally I think he'll go to PSG if they are serious about buying him, they don't p*ss about like Txiki does and will get it done quickly especially with Arsenal keen to make sure we don't get him ... Sanchez wants CL football and once last big wage increase IMO and it doesn't have to be with us ....

PSG are in on Aubameyang though, indeed they're the front runners to sign him, and it's not likely they go for both.

As for Sanchez, you could be right about who blinks first, but the situation seems favorable to City because, not only does he want to come, but the competition would struggle to meet his wage demands.

One thing's for sure, the competition for the league (and a few outliers like the rags etc) won't be sitting on their hands this summer. Sanchez is exactly the kind of instant, massive upgrade we need to get back to the top.

It's not reasonable at all, it's the opposite.

Look at some teams in the past who've tried it. Barcelona in 08/09 are a good one as they're under Pep:

Appearances (starts)

Eto'o 52 (46)
Messi 51 (42)
Bojan 42 (18)
Henry 42 (36)
Gudjonsen 34 (17)
Pedro 14 (6)

That's what actually happens in real life. Starts aren't handed out equally with everyone getting 20 starts and 20 sub appearances, the best players become almost ever-present and anyone outside those 2/3 get pissed off.

Now apply those numbers to the players you are talking about. You think Jesus, Sané, Sterling are going to accept 18 starts in a season? No fucking chance.

We have had more than 2 players per position for as long as i can remember. Some might be quite clear cut squad players but we have had them. Pedro, Navas and nacho were all in the squad last year so clearing them out and bringing Roberts back and Sanchez in is actually reducing the numbers. Roberts would be at the back of the queue so in reality you have 5 senior players and 1 promoted youth player covering 6 positions.

We have had more than 2 players per position for as long as i can remember. Some might be quite clear cut squad players but we have had them. Pedro, Navas and nacho were all in the squad last year so clearing them out and bringing Roberts back and Sanchez in is actually reducing the numbers. Roberts would be at the back of the queue so in reality you have 5 senior players and 1 promoted youth player covering 6 positions.

Who the fuck is Pedro?

PSG are in on Aubameyang though, indeed they're the front runners to sign him, and it's not likely they go for both.

As for Sanchez, you could be right about who blinks first, but the situation seems favorable to City because, not only does he want to come, but the competition would struggle to meet his wage demands.

One thing's for sure, the competition for the league (and a few outliers like the rags etc) won't be sitting on their hands this summer. Sanchez is exactly the kind of instant, massive upgrade we need to get back to the top.

Agree he'd make a big difference, if dreams come true and we get Sanchez and MBappe to replace Navas and Nolito that would represent a huge leap forward IMO, I still think we need a striker who offers something different like Dzeko did but I'm not sure that's Pep's style ...

Sanchez will know where he wants to go, if you read body language when Pep has met him this year they have the utmost respect for each other. The stumbling block is how Arsenal are going to play it.

I hope we get him

Sane is a different level to Roberts ... Sane is doing it in the hardest league in the world and scaring the sh*t out of top class defenders, Roberts is doing it in a very poor league where one team is miles ahead of the others, it's easy to look top class. I'm not saying Roberts isn't talented but a loan for another 12 months to a mid table PL team would be the acid test, if he can improve again and go up another level then maybe he#ll be ready for City
Oh so we spent £10m on guesswork then. He's had his loan, now we need to decide

Aguero, Sanchez and Jesus ! An awesome South American front three supplied by Merlin. That would be something very special. Add in KDB, Gundogan, Sane and Sterling and it doesnt look too shoddy up top.

Last edited:
Oh so we spent £10m on guesswork then. He's had his loan, now we need to decide
Roberts may well stay next year, but he could also go on loan again. He wouldn't be the first player to need more than one loan before being ready to challenge for a first team place. Pep will probably use pre season to make his mind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.