Bacary Sagna Leaves. Thank You Bacary & Good Luck.

Of the five who are confirmed leaving, he is the only one that I would keep. Unlike the other departing fullbacks, he hasn't shown many signs of decline and has been as dependable as ever this season despite not getting a consistent run of games. He would be a great back up option to have at right back and can even do a solid job at left back if need be.

I think with Walker being pretty much a done deal, Fernandinho being more than adequate cover and strong links to Fabinho means we just don't need him.

I think with Walker being pretty much a done deal, Fernandinho being more than adequate cover and strong links to Fabinho means we just don't need him.
Disagree. Assuming we sign Walker and another right back, I doubt the second right back will be happy playing playing second fiddle to Walker. Nor do I think rotation really works for full backs, as the best performing full backs are usually playing every game. Sagna is probably the best fullback out there that could still do a solid job for us as back up even without getting a consistent run of games. As far as Fernandinho, even though I think he is extremely underrated as a central midfielder, he has never looked comfortable to me as fullback. I think the reason Pep prefers Fernandinho to Sagna at rightback (and why Sagna is leaving) is because Sagna doesn't really fit with Pep's passing style. We'll see next season whether that ends up being a mistake next season.

3 of the 4 old fullbacks gone! Wish them all the best of luck, especially Zab, but good lord it's about time we had a makeover in those positions! Kolarov should stay as he will be excellent cover for left-sided centre back.

Disagree. Assuming we sign Walker and another right back, I doubt the second right back will be happy playing playing second fiddle to Walker. Nor do I think rotation really works for full backs, as the best performing full backs are usually playing every game. Sagna is probably the best fullback out there that could still do a solid job for us as back up even without getting a consistent run of games. As far as Fernandinho, even though I think he is extremely underrated as a central midfielder, he has never looked comfortable to me as fullback. I think the reason Pep prefers Fernandinho to Sagna at rightback (and why Sagna is leaving) is because Sagna doesn't really fit with Pep's passing style. We'll see next season whether that ends up being a mistake next season.
We won't buy another right back. Fernandinho and hopefully Fabinho will be the cover.

A solid performer for City. Seemed a jovial, morale-boosting squad member in many training vids. All the best for future endeavours, Bacary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.