Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

No super club in England not by a long shot.

We are best placed to go furthest in Europe next year but unlikely to make the final I suggest.

I suspect we will be more competitive domestically next year as well.

Our transfers since 2012 have cost us at least another title.

I think Chelsea are best placed personally.

More of a settled side with settled tactics and overall way of playing.

We still need another season I feel to rebuild and put in place tactics that players won't second guess.

Feels disrespectful to say this on any of the 'goodbye' threads so I'll say it here.

The fact that five players aged 30+ have now been confirmed as leaving, and five who, apart from Caballero, are generally considered no longer good enough, is highly encouraging. It seems to suggest that we're not fucking about.

The only reason is player recruitment......Sinclair/Garcia/Jovetic/Savic/Fernando/Nolito/Rodwell/Bravo et al

Never buy crocks.... never buy on 1 international tournament... only buy better than you have, who become 2nd choice.

People who are saying FFP shouldnt have been/wasn't a huge hiderence are being a bit simplistic about the whole thing.
Essentially what it was designed to do was to stop people challanging the top four, not just by stopping big money signings but also to block any potential ability to increase revenue by plowing our own money into academy renovation, finacial sponsership deals etc etc and we had to get in before the drawbridge was up.
Hence why we funneled money every which way we could.
In my view what we are seeing now and why we aren't a super club yet is that we are but a skeleton of an elite club, which is why we have ridiculous wages still above us, why we're not seeing youth results yet and we had pretty much the same defence through all our champion years because everything we have done up to now was the minimum to force ourselves to the big table in the shortest amount of time. It's also why so many admin issues and transfer deals are suddenly coming to light because we haven't had time to flesh everything out.
Over the next few years I expect the gaps to be filled, the wages to come down, the organisation overall to just be that much smoother and then we will push on and become the super club we should be.

The most important thing, and this is something we shouldn't forget, is that we have the platform now to do it, all we need to do is finally push on.

Feels disrespectful to say this on any of the 'goodbye' threads so I'll say it here.

The fact that five players aged 30+ have now been confirmed as leaving, and five who, apart from Caballero, are generally considered no longer good enough, is highly encouraging. It seems to suggest that we're not fucking about.

And this is the answer to the question in the thread.

Ag
OK the first 4 then. We win 4 trophies to their 2. Satisfied. The two points I was trying to make is that being serial winners is not in our DNA although it looked like it might be in May 2014. Second point we have not kicked on when we should have.
Agreed rob.

There are some strange & seemingly angry & unhappy feckers on here who can't respond without being argumentative or calling posters out.

93-20 was when we should've kicked on but Marwood was more interested in undermining Bobby. We've marked time since then & everybody else has caught up.

Next season...... What do you think ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.