Manchester is under going huge growth

perhaps 1/5th of the £15,000,000,000 spunked out on cross-rail one of many massive infrastructure projects in the south east might have helped us here in the little north west

Spot on my friend. Uk funding needs to be split equally and fairly for the population. Not more spent in london and scotland. An underground for Manchester should not just be a pipe dream.

Just been into town to look at a new site. We do predevelopment work to aid the design of buidings and pass planning. The amount of construction work going on is amazing. Dont think there is another city in the country London aside that has this kind of level of construction going on. Long may it continue.

There's several tall buildings currently under construction (including those Owen Street towers mentioned by Worsley); a few more almost ready to start and a fair few planned (one a rumoured 75 storey tower).
I think if all these go up then the city's psychology and confidence will alter too (we'll look like a US/Aussie city).

Btw - what's the site you visited for?

There's several tall buildings currently under construction (including those Owen Street towers mentioned by Worsley); a few more almost ready to start and a fair few planned (one a rumoured 75 storey tower).
I think if all these go up then the city's psychology and confidence will alter too (we'll look like a US/Aussie city).

Btw - what's the site you visited for?

Old Black Horse Pub off The Crescent.

I was speaking to my financial advisor last week, he was saying all the smart property investment money is going to Manchester, the men that know money are predicting rapid growth over the next few years.

How long before Ordsall is flattened in order to link city centre with media city?

Old Black Horse Pub off The Crescent.
It was such a shame Fred Done didn't want to save this old boozer. Like you said earlier in the thread, too many old pubs lost. Salford is no exception. One pub, The Winston, left near the precinct and the church inn a five minute walk the other way. That's it. Whether that's because we've changed as a society in the last 15_20 years or it really is because of cheaper supermarket prices and the smoking bans but I find it scary how many have disappeared. I've had to trim my post down before I went off on a tangent. Back on topic, what's the black lion site development look like? Is it going to be the usual concrete stell and glass block shithole that have sprung up everywhere?

Manchester city centre is growing and more rectangular glass sky scrappers are coming, and that is all good,
but the likes of clayton, Gorton, longsight, blackley, crumpsall etc are still desperate for regeneration, the City may be getting better but the actual places Mancunians are living in are not seeing as much of that.
Also we are Greater Mamchester and bar mini improvements a lot of work needs doing to renew the other towns, and link them to the Citys prosperity.
If we really want to be a powerhouse like London or any major City we need to expand our business investments and share them throughout the boroughs creating a wider and more properous County with a fast, modern transport system conecting Bolton, Stockport, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale Salford run under one banner not franchises, and build an underground where the metrolink cannot reach.

Needs to invest in public transport infrastructure. If it was investment in roads for cars we'd just run out of road space. Trains and trams are the way forward.

The Council has taken control over the buses and having a Mayor was the price that the Government insisted on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.