With Gabriel Jesus and without.

Marvin

Jesus has 10 league appearances for City which includes two fleeting sub appearances against Spurs and Man Utd, and the game at Bournemouth where he got injured. In that time he scored 7 league goals.

In that time City scored 27 goals and took 24 points

We were undefeated.

Extrapolate for a whole season and we score over 100 league goals and finish on 91 points.

Significant, or just the way the fixtures fell? Well it included games against Spurs and Man Utd, and also games where he was coming back from injury, and it is a 1/4 of the season so I think it is telling

P.S: If you ignore he games where he made 10 min sub apps it is even more impressive!

It's such a small sample that you can't just multiply it up. Kelechi's stats would have been even more impressive after his first ten appearances
However, we do look a bigger threat with Gabby up top
I know it's not ideal but it's all we have and the difference was massive. 10 games is a 1/4 of the season.

I am not sure Kelechi was ever as impressive as Jesus. Jesus was starting games, and City's form noticeably improved when he played.

We also got Kompany back and I think that has had the THE biggest impact
Good point - athough he does not affect the goal scoring significantly.

I think it's quite obvious to every City fan that City with Kompany and Jesus are very close to Chelsea and Spurs. Without, well we're in Man Utd territory. Well we have them, so why worry. I think this does tell you an awful lot about the impact of managers and players. Its always the players. had Kompany got injured in 2011/13 we would not have won those titles. Had Kompany been fit in Pellegrinis and Guardiola's season we'd have been a lot more successful.

At least it points to a seriously stronger City in 2017/18

Minutes played against teams finishing in top 9:

Chelsea - 0
Spurs - 8
Liverpool - 0
Arsenal - 0
United - 4
Everton - 0
Southampton - 0
Bournemouth - 15

So less than 30 minutes against the better teams. Sure, it looks like he will be a superstar but far too early to get ahead of yourself here Marvin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.