Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Surely he's a serious option now if Kun leaves. He's 28 soon and after finishing top goal scorer Dortmund can can get top dollar while he can get a dream move to an elite club on a double serious wage packet.

Lightening quick but in our team would only add to the missed chances we spurn all the time..
Yep, seems to need far too many chances to score - still looks like a winger being shoehorned in up front rather than a striker to me and imo the second he starts to lose his pace, he'll stop getting into the vast majority of those goalscoring positions and become completely ineffective.

Yep, seems to need far too many chances to score - still looks like a winger being shoehorned in up front rather than a striker to me and imo the second he starts to lose his pace, he'll stop getting into the vast majority of those goalscoring positions and become completely ineffective.

First player score more than 30 Bundesliga goals in a season since the 70's though

First player score more than 30 Bundesliga goals in a season since the 70's though
Yeah, there's no doubt he scores goals right now, that wasn't what I was saying. What I was saying is he needs an awful lot of chances per goal and while that's being more than negated now by the sheer amount of scoring positions his speed gets him into, he's approaching an age where he'll soon lose that speed.

Sign a 28 year old for big money? No problem if they're good enough and play in a position we need.

Sign a 28 year old that's hugely reliant on pace for a huge fee? Silly idea imo.

Also, I'd worry about his effectiveness against the parked buses we face week in, week out. Speed isn't as effective when there's no space behind the defence.

Yeah, there's no doubt he scores goals right now, that wasn't what I was saying. What I was saying is he needs an awful lot of chances per goal and while that's being more than negated now by the sheer amount of scoring positions his speed gets him into, he's approaching an age where he'll soon lose that speed.

Sign a 28 year old for big money? No problem if they're good enough and play in a position we need.

Sign a 28 year old that's hugely reliant on pace for a huge fee? Silly idea imo.

Also, I'd worry about his effectiveness against the parked buses we face week in, week out. Speed isn't as effective when there's no space behind the defence.

29% conversion rate, Aguero's best ever for us was 25%

I wouldn't want Aubameyang anyway, simply not good enough at the other aspects of the game

29% conversion rate, Aguero's best ever for us was 25%

I wouldn't want Aubameyang anyway, simply not good enough at the other aspects of the game
I hadn't seen the conversion rate mate, I'm going off my own eyes, every time I see him play he misses absolute sitters i.e. one on ones, open nets, free shots from crosses from within ten yards.

Isn't Mbappe already of a similar standard to Aubameyang?

From the little I have seen, he is a speed merchant who isn't the greatest finisher in the world.

If we are to sign a striker, irrespective of Aguero's situation, I imagine Aubameyang is behind many other players we are looking at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.