The queen

I'm no royalist, a few years ago had the chance to meet her but volunteered to stay in the office and man the phones.

Each to thier own, if it brought some relief yesterday to some people affected then great.

Nice for her to pop up, but she did get criticised for her lack of empathy on Tuesday regarding the garden party, minutes silence.

All in all she did what I would expect from our monarch in such circumstances, fair play to her.

Looked really awkward to me. If it cheered the staff and patients up a bit then it's a job well done though.

Frankly the bare minimum you expect from the head of state is a visit like this. The day she stops attending events like this is the day she should either step down or be removed from the throne.

I'm no royalist but always argue with people who say the family (particularly the Queen) are privileged layabouts. I couldn't do her job, going round talking to people every day putting on a smile and pretending to be interested when it probably bores her rigid and she'd rather be at home with her slippers and corgis. Fair play Liz.

I'd be a useless King. That Partridge gif of him shrugging his shoulders would be my reaction to 90% of duties and people I met.

Then again it could've just been a publicity stunt

After the uncaring attitude they all showed following Diana's death

Looked really awkward to me. If it cheered the staff and patients up a bit then it's a job well done though.

Frankly the bare minimum you expect from the head of state is a visit like this. The day she stops attending events like this is the day she should either step down or be removed from the throne.

I'm no royalist but always argue with people who say the family (particularly the Queen) are privileged layabouts. I couldn't do her job, going round talking to people every day putting on a smile and pretending to be interested when it probably bores her rigid and she'd rather be at home with her slippers and corgis. Fair play Liz.

I'd be a useless King. That Partridge gif of him shrugging his shoulders would be my reaction to 90% of duties and people I met.

giphy.gif

If she attended she'd upset the communists and if she didn't attend she'd upset the communists, she couldn't win either way. Well done she made a lot of people very happy with her visit.

It did look awkward but what can you say to kids who have been blown up by a suicide bomber
They looked happy to see her so thats all that matters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.