Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I'm trying to stay grounded but the amount of talk coming from numerous sources suggests even City can't fuck up this signing.

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if it gets announced later that he's signed for United?
we can laugh at that for the moment. Perhaps now is the time to chill and wait for the real news. (Who am i kidding!)

I've scoffed at every forward we've been linked with. Where will they play? But bernardo Silva sounds like a perfect fit. We had 70% possession in so many games last season and had so little penetration. Our players are really going to have to step up or they wont play. If B. Silva signs, imagine him with Jesus, and Sane? It would terrify defenders. A totally new City is being created and it is very exciting
we just can't sign players in the order needed they come when they come we have just enjoy the ride and look forward to next season I do hope we get all our targets before July this year.
Totally disagree. We lack quality cover for Silva and KDB. Silva now in early 30's, this lad is only 22. Looked class against us, good age too.
Aha, maybe I didn't clarify what I meant very well. I'm absolutely not saying he's a bad signing, or that I don't think we need him. More that I didn't expect us to splash what's looking like a record amount (for City) on a player in a position where we're actually pretty well stocked.

I think he's a fantastic signing, I'm just curious as to where everyone expects him to play; replace our Silva, replace De Bruyne, drifting from the right (where he does for Monaco (?)), simply as depth/rotation (pretty tasty, but for £60m would he accept that?) or a more all-round utility player who'll play either wing + Silva/KDB positions when needed.

We certainly need more depth, and having an option to bring on someone like Bernado Silva instead of Navas is a huge upgrade, it'll just be interesting to see how Pep goes about managing the squad.

I'm amazed at how many blues are grumbling at the signing of Bernado Silva. He's the one player that stands out for me last season. He controlled the whole game and only played 70 mins against us at The Etihad. The whole crowd clapped him off. Unbelievable talent. Imagine we can secure the next David Silva!!!!!

I would like to know how he played against Juve. City's midfield aren't exactly the toughest of opponents.

But I think you will be the only City fan on the fence on this one. I think he put in the best individual performance I saw against City last season.
I'll have to rewatch both matches. It might just be that you can only really appreciate how good he is if you pay attention, much like David Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.