Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzing if we get this done. Absolute beast going forward, and he can tackle, just gets caught out positionally now and again but that can be coached.

RMC reporting we are now "locked in battle" with rags over Mendy...

Absolutely zero doubt in my mind that that story is about Monaco basically pushing City higher with the fee. There's no way that City are bidding blind without knowing that he wants to come to us. Monaco will be saying "United are offering this, pay it or we'll sell him there". Games.

Mendy is one of the few that we're linked with that I'm a little apprehensive about, prefer him to Bakayoko/Sidibe that we were also linked with initially, but I still fear a little bit how good his all round game is - he's a bit of a monster with a heck of a cross, but we really need someone who can do both sides of the game; but he's only 22 & can of course improve.

Are Monaco also willing to sell 3 of their players to us in one window? If it's 2 of 3 from Mendy/Fabinho/Silva I'd definitely opt for the latter 2, but if we could get all 3.. Well who am I to complain, it'd be pretty impressive.

3 from the same team would be a lot TBH. Especially when it's the one that knocked you out of C1.
Remind me the Kevin Durant things.

And BTW There is no battle, City is really advanced. They just need the player to give his "yes".
What's your opinion on Mendy? I've only seen him a few times, usually against tough opposition (Juve/Dortmund/City) & he seems to have struggled with tricky wingers. But on the flip side he's often caused havoc with his attacking play.

How would you judge his defensive side of the game?

Absolutely zero doubt in my mind that that story is about Monaco basically pushing City higher with the fee. There's no way that City are bidding blind without knowing that he wants to come to us. Monaco will be saying "United are offering this, pay it or we'll sell him there". Games.

If true about Mendes being at our last home game i see that it was the final piece of the jigsaw concerning Silva/Mendy and Fabhino and that was the lift off.

Agree. They're not even mentioned on Skybet. We're 1/2, next is Liverpool at 9/2 and then Chelsea 12/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.