My day with the homeless

Ok thanks, http://www.lifeshare.org.uk/about look the sort of people who need a hand. I have had a drink now so won't be touching banking now but be sure your actions gave me a solid reminder of what i wanted to support next.

Fair play to you mate, selfless actions are probably the kindest signs of affection for the rest of humanity there are, good man :-)

Superb mate, yea don't sign up to anything when u got beer goggles haha top bloke :-)

Good on you Blue. I too have volunteered through work to give some of my time to the homeless. Not wanting to pick out any particular charity as I'm sure they all do a great job,but the one I have spent time at is The Booth Centre. They used to be at the Cathedral,but now own premises on Pimblett Street. It's a day centre where they homeless can spend the day,have a meal and cup of tea. Have a shower and shave etc. They have activities going on at the centre throughout the day. I'm sure if you contacted them they would be grateful for any help. Also,around November time they have a "Sleep Out",where a group of people can share the experience of sleeping rough whilst getting sponsored by their friends,family etc. Any amount of time you can give would be gratefully received,and it does change your attitude to the homeless. Some very decent people who have fallen on bad times.

Yes my friend slept out last year didn't sleep a wink and was in work for 9 am good on you for helping out good man!

Good on you Blue. I too have volunteered through work to give some of my time to the homeless. Not wanting to pick out any particular charity as I'm sure they all do a great job,but the one I have spent time at is The Booth Centre. They used to be at the Cathedral,but now own premises on Pimblett Street. It's a day centre where they homeless can spend the day,have a meal and cup of tea. Have a shower and shave etc. They have activities going on at the centre throughout the day. I'm sure if you contacted them they would be grateful for any help. Also,around November time they have a "Sleep Out",where a group of people can share the experience of sleeping rough whilst getting sponsored by their friends,family etc. Any amount of time you can give would be gratefully received,and it does change your attitude to the homeless. Some very decent people who have fallen on bad times.

Ahh ok yeah if you know them not to be ones for spending every penny on shiny adverts that is good enough for me.

Personally i have not spoke to one homeless person who was anything less that lovely to get on with, that is half the heartbreak of it for me personally. Pride is such a silly thing sometimes.

Ahh ok yeah if you know them not to be ones for spending every penny on shiny adverts that is good enough for me.

Personally i have not spoke to one homeless person who was anything less that lovely to get on with, that is half the heartbreak of it for me personally. Pride is such a silly thing sometimes.

This. One day after these guys was helping people in need an homeless man was beaten badly broken bones so sad some people are animals thankfully they are a minority.

I'm full of admiration for you and Blue Warrior, and others who help. I've always had a soft spot for homeless people, as I feel any one of us could fall on hard times and end up this way. I was very humbled a few months ago, having dropped my car in for a service and wandered into St Anne's Square, and chatted to a homeless guy. I truly had spent all my cash on the bus fare, but sat down and talked to him for a while. He poured his troubles out, and although I couldn't offer much help, he gave me a big hug, and thanked me for my time. I'd really like to help out, and appreciate the information about The Booth Centre. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

I'm full of admiration for you and Blue Warrior, and others who help. I've always had a soft spot for homeless people, as I feel any one of us could fall on hard times and end up this way. I was very humbled a few months ago, having dropped my car in for a service and wandered into St Anne's Square, and chatted to a homeless guy. I truly had spent all my cash on the bus fare, but sat down and talked to him for a while. He poured his troubles out, and although I couldn't offer much help, he gave me a big hug, and thanked me for my time. I'd really like to help out, and appreciate the information about The Booth Centre. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

That's really good of you mate most people don't give them time of day humanity restored God bless you.

I first volunteered there about 6 years ago and try to get there twice a year. Was an eye opening and humbling experience. I was struck by how polite and thankful they are. Just chatting to them for 10 minutes or so over a brew would change most peoples views. Even in their lowest place,they still have pride,feelings. I always think there but for the grace of god go I! And I'm not the least religious. One bloke I've seen there a couple of times,you wouldn't think for a minute he was homeless if you saw him walking round town. Impecably dressed. Jacket,trouser,shirt and tie. Neat haircut and clean shaven. I asked one of the regular volunteers if he was really homeless,and she assured me he was,and took great pride in his appearance. Met people from all walks of life. One used to be a pilot with BA and was really well spoken. Yes,the Booth Centre would spend any donations wisely on where it's needed. Not some all singing dancing advertising.

There is a guy that does that around manchester airport, he dresses spot on and just beds down there. The poor fella is fighting like fuck just to stand still and it sucks. to be honest i have not seen him for 3-4 years so i don't know if they have stamped down on him doing that.

I find it incredulous a person would treat another different just because they have a mental block (in many cases). They deserve more of our affection, not anger. It really does get me there are people that would hit down and outs. I never watched those disgusting 'bum fight' video's either. They just made me think the people making the vids are deserving of one hell of a beating, a proper belting, kick the fuckers up and down their own road and let everyone see the shithouses they are.

Good on you blue. It's very sad to see people living like this. Some bad decisions some bad choices I'm sure have contributed but the worrying thing is it is getting worse and people end up on the streets is not by bad decisions or choice but by what is thrown upon them by our government (I don't want to start a politic rant but a lot of people these days are made homeless by process and policy)

Again good on you blue it's certainly made me think what i could do to help that's for sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.