Alex Sandro

Pretty much this. A great player as we have seen with Sanchez and Suarez can carry a team. The guys you mention cost more in transfer fees and wages than either and have contributed pretty much fuck all.

Without doubt. I must say I am very much liking this summer transfer Windows approach so far, Bernardo Silva is a magnificent capture. Roll on full backs and a defensive midfielder now, ideally Mendy/ Alex Sandro, Walker and Fabinho.

You don't mind them dropping off % wise if it's playing attacking and therefore tougher passes.
Was just going to say this. Recent Mourinho sides are known for very high passing percentages... and we know how that has worked out.

Players like Bernardo, David, and Kevin are more often than not going to have lower passing percentages than purely central midfielders because they are attempting much more difficult passes. But once you look at their chances created and key passes stats you see what is hidden in the percentage statistic.

I think the Mendy links are either because Juve have said they won't sell/the price is too high, or we're telling them we're making a great offer and if you don't take it we'll sign Mendy. Time will tell.

If we are considering paying around £50m for Mendy - what did Juve quote for Sandro ? £75M ????

I think the Mendy links are either because Juve have said they won't sell/the price is too high, or we're telling them we're making a great offer and if you don't take it we'll sign Mendy. Time will tell.

Or maybe we've just thought; lets not make the mistake we originally made with Sandro (Porto to Juve), lets get the younger lad who has shown bags of potential and if it comes off the reward could be huge. Don't get me wrong though Sandro is class and we should have signed him when he was at Porto.

I'll take either to be honest, both are very very good and would massively improve us.

Last edited:
Or maybe we've just thought; lets not make the mistake we originally made with Sandro (Porto to Juve), lets get the younger lad who has shown bags of potential and if it comes off the reward could be huge. Don't get me wrong though Sandro is class and we should have signed him when he was at Porto.

I'll take either to be honest, both a very very good and would massively improve us.
Yeah good point and I agree mate the thought of either of them compared to Clichy is fantastic.

If we are considering paying around £50m for Mendy - what did Juve quote for Sandro ? £75M ????

Doubt any fee for Mendy would be higher than the Silva fee. Would be surprised if Mendy costs over 40M, Juve could easily have asked 60M+ for Sandro I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.