Txiki Begiristain

Haha. V. good.

giphy.gif

Brilliant lol

We were tremendously efficient in the first few years after the takeover, thereafter it's gone awry!

To be fair Marvin, we bought some absolute shite during that period just like we have during Txiki's tenure. We've had a very scattergun approach to transfers over the time the sheikh has owned the club, but since Pep came in I think the focus has been narrowed immeasurably which is a breath of fresh air.

If we sign Ederson, Walker, Mendy, Bonucci, Fabinho on top of Silva I will go so far as to say, Txiki, take a bow son.

Has to get the fullbacks right. Rear signing in silva though. Think sterling may struggle to get in next year but we need a proper squad of 2 top players in each position and we were nowhere near that last year. I hope roberts gets a chance as well.

I am sure a lot of our fanbase must be becoming more of the armchair/FIFA playing types that think that they know it all and can casually dispense their 'opinions' as if they are words of great wisdom. A lot of high-handed stuff IMO as if all these know-it-all amateurs could themselves do a much better job.

It seems that once our fans get into their minds that 'they know better' - that is it - no end of evidence will sway them - even this latest signing results largely in Txiki being 'damned by faint praise' at best.

The manner in which De Bruyne was recruited against the 'determination' of Bayern spoke of how Txiki can get things done because of the people he knows and his standing in the game. It was clear that the deal was done for Sterling behind the scenes before victimpool could actually get themselves mobilised to try and prevent it. Then there is Gabriel Jesus and others - and then now clear signs that there has been a lot of preparation and work done to ensure that we can get our business done well - top players recruited early and at value. But some people will find all sorts of methods to avoid actually commenting in a positive way about Txiki

Thank fuck the people that matter at the club won't be influenced by the moaning fanbase. IMO, our energies would be better spent discussing how we can become the fanbase that the club deserves - I wonder how Pep and Txiki would grade our quality as they observe the tepid atmosphere and empty seats that they see at every home game.

Last edited:
VERY wide of the mark Dam.

Cool Khaldoon is probably HHSMs most trusted commercial project 'manager'.

Yeah, that's the point. It's more likely Khaldoon leaves City to be put elsewhere than it is Txiki gets sacked when he has such a formidable powerbase between Soriano and Guardiola. He's apparently well liked by the UAE guys too.

It wasn't a serious point tbh, just a bit of a flippant response underlining my belief that Txiki is bulletproof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.