Jason Denayer brawl recording

Not sure if this deserves it's own thread or not.

Denayer has been caught on camera kicking someone in the head in some sort of street fight.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/1.2987655

He seems to have admitted it's him but says there was extenuating circumstances. From the above article:

"I regret that I became involved in a conflict that was not mine," said Denayer.

"I was heading to my car when I heard a friend scream. I went back and I saw a guy who was handing heavy blows to my friend."

"I saw that my friend was in danger and had to intervene. I reacted instinctively. My only goal was to protect my friend."

His management stressed that the video lasts just 8 seconds and thus constitutes only a part of the facts.

"Jason explained to us how the fork in the stem and we see no reason to doubt his words," said Jesse Preter.

"He has intervened to help a friend and to stop the violence. It was an instinctive form of protection in a clear emergency."
Grass

Looking from the club's point of view and it is not all down to Denayer's ability. They probably don't want any negative publicity and Pep might not want to work with that type of player going off the incident.

Last edited:
We want defenders who have a cool head under pressure. Looks like he just wants to hoof it. Not a Pep type player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.