Txiki Begiristain

He seemed to have a decent track record of signing defenders at Barca, the likes of Thuram, Abidal, Pique spring to mind.
Again, that's fair enough, it won't be any consolation to me though if this season we look great going forwards but have no resilience at the back when we are put under pressure. I'm not saying he can't get the signings at the back right, just that he hasn't so far. Fingers crossed he will and then I have little doubt we will be challenging for the title again this coming season.

Okay so if all the reports are true and we sign:

Ederson
Mendy
Walker
Fabinho
Silva (already in the bag)
Bonucci (this one is unlikely but we do still need a CB)

And by all accounts we are flogging Inheanacho, Hart and Roberts will go out on loan for another season, how the hell will we fill our homegrown quota?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but out of the 25 man squad on these are classed as homegrown:

HG city
Garcia
Maffeo (assuming he's in the 25 man squad)

HG UK
Sterling
Walker

How are we going to fill the other places?

Ederson
Mendy
Walker
Fabinho

And by all accounts we are flogging Inheanacho, Hart and Roberts will go out on loan for another season, how the hell will we fill our homegrown quota?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but out of the 25 man squad on these are classed as homegrown:

HG city
Garcia

HG UK
Sterling
Walker

Association trained: Stones, Sterling, Walker, Delph
Club trained: Garcia, Maffeo, Diaz, and my guess, Muric.

Ederson
Mendy
Walker
Fabinho

HG city
Garcia

HG UK
Sterling
Walker

There is no obligation to name a 25 man squad so no need to fill quotas.

We can have 17 'foreign' players.

Bravo
Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov
Fernandinho, Yaya
Gundogan, Silva, Silva, KDB
Sane, Jesus, Aguero

That's 13 at the moment, so we have room for 4 more. Ederson, Mendy, Fabinho + 1

Assuming none of the foreign loan players, Fernando or Nolito will be in the squad for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.