It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a right back at the club though. Even after Walker we still need cover. Fabinho would provide cover DM and right back.

Think he'd be better used as a right back regardless.

One thing the forum can agree on is that Fernando and Delph may as well start looking for a new club.

They won't even make the match day squad

It would be great if we could bring him through but there doesn't seem to be much talk of that happening.
If he does get game time, and I can see Dinho staying as he has become versatile, hopefully Gundo can get a good season under his belt.
Add Yaya possibly staying and I would agree that we wouldn't need another midfielder.
Fuck, now you've changed my mind.

What do United offer a player like Neymar, or any other attacking player. They have a manager who strips away all flair. I don't doubt United would want Neymar but i do doubt Neymar would be interested in going to United.

They are still one of the biggest names in football and their marketing power is unrivalled. They sell themselves to players as their chance to become the next Beckham, a world famous household name built off marketing.

Then Fabinho must be being bought (If we are after him) as a full back.

We generally play with one holding midfielder. Pep loves attacking midfielders.

He'd be in a direct fight with Gundogan and Fernandinho for a starting place and that's assuming Fabinho will be used a right back.

Something just doesn't balance with it.

Pep doesn't love attacking midfielders, he loves all midfielders.

Fabinho, Yaya, Fernandinho and Gundogan would be about right for the more defensive midfield positions. Often he'll want 1, often he'll want 2 if we go 3 at the back. Fabinho will see time at RB, Gundogan as an attacking midfielder and Fernandinho all over.

I wish people would stop worrying about how they're going to fit all these players in and make them happy. Guardiola has managed the biggest teams in world football and he's been in dressing rooms of big clubs his entire life. He knows what the dynamics are like and how to make it work. I don't think there's ever been any occasion when a team managed by Guardiola has been in the press because player X is unhappy with game time and demands to leave.

In fact the exact opposite - usually those stories come out when Pep leaves, it's happened at both Barca and Bayern because the managers who replaced him couldn't manage the players like he did.

The strength of our squad if we land our targets will rival any team in the world.

Ederson, Bravo

Walker, Stones, Kompany, Otamendi, New CB, Mendy

Dinho, Gundogan, Yaya, Fabinho, Silva, KDB

B.Silva, Sterling, Sanchez, Sane, Aguero, Jesus.

This is frighteningly good.
That's 16 foreign players, but you missed Kolarov (who will surely be staying to cover both left centre back and left back). So there'd be no more foreign signings after that and we'd have to try to find a buyer for the likes of Fernando.

Think he'd be better used as a right back regardless.

One thing the forum can agree on is that Fernando and Delph may as well start looking for a new club.

They won't even make the match day squad

I don't think we can afford to get rid of Delph as we need him for the home grown quota. I don't think he's up to playing in midfield for us under Guardiola, he doesn't have the intelligence in his passing.

I do think he has all of the tools to play left back though. Left foot, fast, decent enough technically, aggressive, likes getting forward.

If Guardiola can coach Kolarov in to being a half decent centre half in 6 weeks I see no reason he couldn't coach Delph in to being a decent left back option against lower quality teams at home.

We are buying Walker for right-back.

Fabinho wants to play as a midfielder, so the fact we are offering Yaya a new deal would suggest we still have work to do.

I understand your argument.

Cheers mate....I know many are happy if Yaya comes back for another year (which looks very likely) but I'm still hoping this will be as a squad player...I would hope Fabinho if signed would step into the starting 11. Yaya will be another year older and another step slower, we cant make the same mistake of counting on older/aging players to carry us during a season that often has 2 games a week. Yaya is now at that time in his career where he should be first off the bench and not starting a full 90mins...

Yep I know but they still can drag it out he has a year left but they will sell if he wont sign.
No way Sanchez is staying at Arsenal next season, he's too good not be playing Champs Football and at the age of 28 he'll want to be playing at the top level whilst he's peaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.