Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we talking pounds or euros here? Most of the rumours ive seen have said 39m pounds which while high for a left back, is good for one of the top LB prospects today.

It's also kind of useless to mention top 20 most expensive transfers when the market has been going on the up year after year. Heck there is a rumour that Real and City bid 114m pounds for Mbappe which is ridiculous. 39m pounds for Mendy is a good buy to me.
im fairness I messed up the currency. I was thinking pounds but @ojeme and @Jumanji set me straight. Like you I think its high. And since I rate about 5 or 6 LB as highly or higher than Mendy, I think its a poor decision.

But I hope I'm wrong, and he goes on to be the very best LB in the world. Because that's what he'd need to do to be worth 43 million.

Put it this way, we are saying he is on Bernados level. Ask @Tevez City or @Afrenchguy if they think Mendy and Silva are of equal value.

im fairness I messed up the currency. I was thinking pounds but @ojeme and @Jumanji set me straight. Like you I think its high. And since I rate about 5 or 6 LB as highly or higher than Mendy, I think its a poor decision.

But I hope I'm wrong, and he goes on to be the very best LB in the world. Because that's what he'd need to do to be worth 43 million.

Put it this way, we are saying he is on Bernados level. Ask @Tevez City or @Afrenchguy if they think Mendy and Silva are of equal value.
I know you are an avid viewer of other leagues. Which other players would you rather we went for? At least I know one from reading your posts -- Bernat. Personally I would have loved to have Theo Hernandez or Alex Sandro but we seem to have moved on from those targets. So who do you have in mind?

Comfortably Top 5 LB in the world..Only Marcelo,Alex Sandro,Filipe Luis & Rose at a push are better...Lol this isn't 2012 anymore..Likes of Alba,Bernat & Gaya wouldn't even start for West Ham let alone a top 6 team in their current states. Glad Pep agrees..Mendy or Alex Sandro it is,Grimaldo at a push.
Stylistically, Bernat, Gaya and Grimaldo are potentially superior options for a possession team even if one is predisposed to thinking Mendy is the better player. But unlike many, I simply don't see a lot of special fullbacks: Marcelo is a game changer at Madrid, Luis and Sandro are good at their clubs. But not game changers. But once you go away from that very top, who else is a top LB is a matter of opinion. I personally think there is a score of players in that category including Mendy. Some are more suitable for possession teams than others. But they all have strengths and weaknesses. Mendy is just one of those with his own weaknesses.

DA62TxIXoAER1Na.jpg:large

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 1m1 minute ago
Benjamin Mendy just posted this... bit of a tease, isn't he? pic.twitter.com/HWJmD0Izf8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.