Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that, it's the somehow intimate knowledge of all the world's players.

I am techie on a football forum, guest on a football podcast, coach football, and write articles about football yet somehow can only manage to keep up with English and a decent amount of Italian football aswell as the CL. You'd think that was a lot. Most games in a country kick off at the same time, whose watching Alaves as their choice?

Yet some guys on here have the hot take on the latest prodigy from the Portuguese Second Division.

Either people's opinions are based on literally two games of watching someone or they're watching YouTube videos and hype to judge. That's textbook transfer muppetry, No different from searching who the best wonderkids are on Champ or FIFA

is that better or worse than only knowing the players who came on the back of shredded wheat boxes in the 70s?

It's not that, it's the somehow intimate knowledge of all the world's players.

I am techie on a football forum, guest on a football podcast, coach football, and write articles about football yet somehow can only manage to keep up with English and a decent amount of Italian football aswell as the CL. You'd think that was a lot. Most games in a country kick off at the same time, whose watching Alaves as their choice?

Yet some guys on here have the hot take on the latest prodigy from the Portuguese Second Division.

Either people's opinions are based on literally two games of watching someone or they're watching YouTube videos and hype to judge. That's textbook transfer muppetry, No different from searching who the best wonderkids are on Champ or FIFA
Well when people are accountable to absolute fuck all, opinions (based on zero research, mind) quickly become facts. I mean how can people claim that they are absolutely confident that Bernat or say Sessegnon is better than Mendy. Who the fuck has time to watch Fulham play in the championship week in, week out? And if people haven't done that, then how the fuck are they even drawing these absurd comparisons?

Thing is I actually rate Mendy. He's a good player with a lot of potential but I just rate Hernandez more highly. Why my opinion couldn't just be taken as such without me being called a muppet I do not know.

As it is I'm sure there is a reason we're not in for Theo, most likely because he has his heart set on one of Spain's big 2.

Rude. You don't know shit about me. As a matter of fact I have watched a fair amount of both this season, not that I need to justify myself to you or anyone else.

Come back to me when Hernandez has a CL medal around his neck at Barca/Real while Mendy killed City's chances by getting sent off in the semi-finals.

at least he given us credit for making it to the semi-finals even if he thinks that losing 1 player will make us so weak that we'd just fall apart ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.