Child Marriage in the US

I think they have different age of consent laws in different states.
Nope. Marriageable age and age of consent are two separate things apparently and sex within marriage doesn't seem to be rape in some states.

Nope. Marriageable age and age of consent are two separate things apparently and sex within marriage doesn't seem to be rape in some states.

I don't think the elk fucker was talking about a bloke that was married though. I'm going to guess that his mate that had sex with a 16 year old did so in a state that the age of consent is over 16.

I'm puzzled by that. Leaving aside the moral arguments about that relationshipfor a moment (and it doesn't sit easily with me), is that illegal? Using the stories about child marriages in Idaho, I presume the age of consent is comfortably lower than 16. So how did he end up getting ten years for that (not that I'm going to shed too any tears for him)? You said consensual, so it wasn't rape.
Correct other than it's statutory rape. Doesn't matter if they're both willing.Happens to a lot of young couples. The fucked up thing with that particular case was he was mid forties, everybody was drunk, she claimed uncertainty in the morning, the mother took her for a rape kit at the local hospital, cops were called, she then recanted once she found out how much trouble he was in, too late.
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/idaho-age-of-consent-lawyers.html

I don't think the elk fucker was talking about a bloke that was married though. I'm going to guess that his mate that had sex with a 16 year old did so in a state that the age of consent is over 16.
Most likely, although I doubt 11 is the age of consent in any state which was my point.

Edit: so Idaho must have different ages for either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.