Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Personally, I think he's doing a superb job and I don't think people will quite realise how much he's done for us until he leaves... in two year's time.
Superb might be pushing it but yes, I'm not as down at being potless this year, by and large the squad, at least the members of the squad that can be relied on were the same as the corp, sorry pellers squad that won the title in his first year, just two years older and for the likes of yaya clichy and zabba, that told. The overhaul were beginning to see is long overdue and if pep gets it right, we should have a top top team for years to come. Even beyond his tenure, extension or not.

If we can get him to sign an extension then it would be the most important signing of the Summer for me!!

I don't see why he wouldn't want to sign on, this is the first club where he is truly in charge of what is going on. He has the best facilities in the world, a fantastic academy, unlimited funds for transfers and doesn't have to deal with the bull that he got at Barca and Bayern.

If his family is happy then I don't see why Pep would move, I feel that Pep is enjoying the challenge of the prem as well. It is something he hasn't really experienced and I am sure he is enjoying the challenge and won't rest until he has won it all.

Because he didn't know if he wanted to stay, whereas maybe here he does. Doesn't seem odd to me.

Sure it is - Pep even rubbished these rumours earlier in the year. He's already demonstrated he honors contracts so isn't going anywhere, the management team are effectively made of individuals who have either worked extensively with Pep in the past or pursued him heavily to come to City, for years. Moreover, he just finished one season with no uncertainty looming which is often the reason for extensions

Only scenario where it makes any sense is perhaps Guardiola sees the project as requiring more time than he initially believed & hence the club wants to reinforce they are fully behind Pep. Strange nevertheless as there does not seem to be a need to do this now

Sure it is - Pep even rubbished these rumours earlier in the year. He's already demonstrated he honors contracts so isn't going anywhere, the management team are effectively made of individuals who have either worked extensively with Pep in the past or pursued him heavily to come to City, for years. Moreover, he just finished one season with no uncertainty looming which is often the reason for extensions

Only scenario where it makes any sense is perhaps Guardiola sees the project as requiring more time than he initially believed & hence the club wants to reinforce they are fully behind Pep. Strange nevertheless as there does not seem to be a need to do this now
Or maybe the management want him to stay longer and he wants to stay longer, so he'll sign a contract extension.

If both parties are happy, why not? It shows commitment, gives assurances to sponsors, players coming in, staff etc. People like knowing what's going to happen.

Just odd, particularly the timing - there's no impetus to do it now was my point

Every point.

This added to our summer transfer business is going to send a message to everyone in European football.

Every point.

This added to our summer transfer business is going to send a message to everyone in European football.

Correct! Also to the new younger players that he will be here longer term so they can settle knowing he won't be leaving in two years time when they have a 5 year contract. Sign it please pep asap!

The club know it's more than a 3 year job. They are trying to build something.

That has always been the case.

The question is whether Pep just kicks it off & we have to find someone else to run with it, or whether he sees it through himself.

We've been treading water for 4 years previously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.