It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's very unlikely he's the first name on the actual team sheet.

He's not going to be a better RB than Walker, LB than Mendy or pivot than Yaya or anyone coming in.

Fernandinho's only chance of being in the starting XI every week is if we play 3241 again.

Fernandinho is better than Yaya as a pivot, it's not even close. Yaya is a liability against anyway willing to press or attack when they have possession. Just look at the Bernardo Silva clip, it's embarrassing.

I'd like to see Stones tried as a pivot. It would make me feel more comfortable having a pair of very offensive full backs with Stones in the centre happy to settle into a back 3 if both full backs go forward.

Fernandinho is better than Yaya as a pivot, it's not even close. Yaya is a liability against anyway willing to press or attack when they have possession. Just look at the Bernardo Silva clip, it's embarrassing.

No, Yaya is vital if we're against anyone intent on pressing us, which is why he plays so often.

He is always available to receive the ball from someone in trouble, always shrugs off pressure on himself, and generally knows how to beat a press. To say he's a liability when we are being pressed is completely wrong.

We are a team which usually has 60-70% possession, and when we have possession, Yaya is twice the player Fernandinho is in that role - which is why whenever we played that single pivot after he came back, Yaya is who played, not Fernandinho.

In fact the one major exception to that was in the Monaco away game, when we were very aggressively pressed and without Yaya could not keep hold of the ball at all - which is why we lost.

BillyShears saying he has info from a very well placed source that Fabihno isn't coming to England this summer

Isn't he the same bloke that said we were all in for Pickford and Ederson wasn't coming only last week? I'd hold fire before taking his word as gospel.

Obviously appreciate that people say things in good faith, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.