MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
completely agree with what was said on the podcast about that. we've been saying the next golden generation are in the u16s for years now. reality is right now there is no path into the first team and we haven't really given any a chance. if i was younger i would stay at city until i was 18 , use the brilliant facilities and then leave to get a chance. every other team in the league other then us and chelsea give young players sufficient chances. when we are 4-0 in games, i dont understand why we can't bring on a young player.

Youngsters have to in the first team squad to get minutes!

Damocles nailed it to be honest-not just the youth development but the whole club as a whole and its stature and future-make no mistake if Pep doesn't win major gongs next season after this latest investment in players then serious questions are going to be asked of not just Pep but Txiki and Soriano aswell.

The heat is on and hes going to be under enormous pressure this coming season from all angles.

completely agree with what was said on the podcast about that. we've been saying the next golden generation are in the u16s for years now. reality is right now there is no path into the first team and we haven't really given any a chance. if i was younger i would stay at city until i was 18 , use the brilliant facilities and then leave to get a chance. every other team in the league other then us and chelsea give young players sufficient chances. when we are 4-0 in games, i dont understand why we can't bring on a young player.

That is exactly what is going to happen, unless our m.o. changes. That & the fact that the best kids will stop signing for us, possibly even the older kids will just miss us out completely & go directly to a club where they are likely to get a shot at the first team.

It really doesn't need much effort to fix this completely. There are enough games for all the best of the senior players involved to play plenty. If the squad is balanced, after new signings, we shouldn't need 3 players who can play left back or whatever, on the bench every game, in case we have to take a shite player off, bring a shite player on & put another shite player near him to try & add up to one decent player, we should be able to make one sub for the job, if needed.

If we are in any kind of form, there should be a lot of games, where there is an opportunity to get an academy player on the pitch, with no damage to the outcome & possibly even an improvement.

That's how Baconfeatures did it for several decades.

Youngsters have to in the first team squad to get minutes!

Damocles nailed it to be honest-not just the youth development but the whole club as a whole and its stature and future-make no mistake if Pep doesn't win major gongs next season after this latest investment in players then serious questions are going to be asked of not just Pep but Txiki and Soriano aswell.

The heat is on and hes going to be under enormous pressure this coming season from all angles.

If he's not good enough to have one kid on the bench v anything below top 6 at least, then imo he's not that good.

It's a choice. Show some balls or just play it super ultra safe by having every position on the bench, a senior player.

I think one of the problems during the season just ended is that too often we were holding on to a narrow lead until well into the game. I am fairly confident that the likes of Aleix Garcia and Kelechi would have got more minutes if we had been winning 3-0 by the 70th minute, but it didn't happen often enough.

I stand to be corrected, but I think we only won 8 league games last year when the winning margin was by more than 2 goals.

You could argue that Pep was being too risk averse, but imagine the reaction if a kid came on and made an error leading to an equaliser for the opposition.

Having said that, at least one younger player needs to be on the bench in the first place to take advantage of a big lead to gain match minutes via substitution. It would be interesting to see some stats on how many times we didn't have a youth player on the bench at all.

If he's not good enough to have one kid on the bench v anything below top 6 at least, then imo he's not that good.

It's a choice. Show some balls or just play it super ultra safe by having every position on the bench, a senior player.

Who is Pep trying to please? He will have been set targets by the owners - maybe these include some youth development targets - but more likely it will be trophies, league position and performance in the CL. Of course Pepe will play it safe - he will pick his strongest squad for most games like most managers who have a shelf life of 2 to 3 years. English football talks long term (sometimes) but acts short term everytime.

Who is Pep trying to please? He will have been set targets by the owners - maybe these include some youth development targets - but more likely it will be trophies, league position and performance in the CL. Of course Pepe will play it safe - he will pick his strongest squad for most games like most managers who have a shelf life of 2 to 3 years. English football talks long term (sometimes) but acts short term everytime.

He didn't play it safe at Barca, where the pressure was greater & his position less secure.

If we manage to turn Pep into a person who plays it safe, we are doing something badly wrong imo.

I think one of the problems during the season just ended is that too often we were holding on to a narrow lead until well into the game. I am fairly confident that the likes of Aleix Garcia and Kelechi would have got more minutes if we had been winning 3-0 by the 70th minute, but it didn't happen often enough.

I stand to be corrected, but I think we only won 8 league games last year when the winning margin was by more than 2 goals.

You could argue that Pep was being too risk averse, but imagine the reaction if a kid came on and made an error leading to an equaliser for the opposition.

Having said that, at least one younger player needs to be on the bench in the first place to take advantage of a big lead to gain match minutes via substitution. It would be interesting to see some stats on how many times we didn't have a youth player on the bench at all.

that might happen. but you can't never play young players or not bring them on because they might make a mistake. or only play them when we are 3-0 up. if they are good enough and the manager has faith in them, then they can play any time.

That's how Baconfeatures did it for several decades.

No he didn't, that's the myth the media want us all to fall for.

He had his regular squad and used them. He like most managers introduced a new player/s for the games against significantly poorer opposition.

We see Monaco getting young players from around Europe for a fee then developing them into players that can be sold on for profit. In fact that is their Business Plan.
We see it work with B.Silva and Monaco are quite happy to see their team broken up for profit then they do the same thing again.

My question is if Monaco can do it for profit why can City not do it to develop PL players ?
Maybe Monaco can afford to play youngsters in the league they are in..If they were in the prem I doubt theyd field so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.