Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

If she's denied her thumping majority she'll face all of the above and more. At the beginning of this election she was more popular than her party, is that still the case? And remember how it was Labour voters who supposedly would have to hold their noses to vote for Corbyn, how many Tories are having to do that now with May?

And even if post election she's still inclined to avoid hard Brexit what kind of deal could she possibly negotiate? She's been shown up as spineless and incompetent, a wobbler, barely in control of her cabinet let alone her government.

This election has not united the country and its outcome will expose the UK as even more divided than before. May will end up in government but not in power, with her position in jeopardy the moment she makes the slightest concession.

She's utterly screwed.

As I have been saying for a while now the likely winner will be the loser. Corbyn will not perform as badly as predicted and will therefore survive at Labour. May's 200 seat majority predicted on the day of the announcement won't materialise - she could actually be no better off. At which point the knives will be out in the Tory party

i dont agree. there is no way they will go back on brexit and not let it happen. besides can you actually see labour winning ? scotlands gone, most of the ukip votes will go to the tories. labour are relying on the young vote, which never really comes out and votes anyway.

They dont have to. Corbyn has no clue whatsoever about how to negotiate anything. If he is in charge in any brexit negotiations we will probably stay in the eu or get totally shafted. Hes a totally useless c*nt. Surrounded by even more incompetant c*nts that just make him look slighty better.

They dont have to. Corbyn has no clue whatsoever about how to negotiate anything. If he is in charge in any brexit negotiations we will probably stay in the eu or get totally shafted. Hes a totally useless c*nt. Surrounded by even more incompetant c*nts that just make him look slighty better.

whereas Theresa May has come over as strong and stable who will negotiate form a position of strength - like the one she went into this election with and she has folded like a cheap fucking deckchair. David Davies is already promoted beyond his payscale and Boris Johnson is seen as a figure of fun in the EU. Sadly its not going to end well with these clowns mate.

whereas Theresa May has come over as strong and stable who will negotiate form a position of strength - like the one she went into this election with and she has folded like a cheap fucking deckchair. David Davies is already promoted beyond his payscale and Boris Johnson is seen as a figure of fun in the EU. Sadly its not going to end well with these clowns mate.

we're fucked either way. johnson and may or dianne abbot and corbyn.

we're fucked either way. johnson and may or dianne abbot and corbyn.

Just watching Davies embarrassingly fumbling his way through a Newsnight interview. Seems to think a manifesto suggestion that they will be strong and stable in negotiations is a plan...... FFS ....... 27 countries have met and agreed their strategy. May the **** has called an election and diverted us from our planning and effectively given whoever wins the GE a few days to plan for the biggest and most important negotiations in probably 40 years..................... we are going down the gurgler mate - big style

Maybe, but brexit is the only thing that I think May could possibly pull off. Rule 1 in any tough negotiation dont show your hand. Rule 2 start off asking more than you would accept. Corbyn has publically failed with his stance on both points so far. The eu will eat the soft ideoilistic twat for breakfast. But I would still go for a pint with him.

Maybe, but brexit is the only thing that I think May could possibly pull off. Rule 1 in any tough negotiation dont show your hand. Rule 2 start off asking more than you would accept. Corbyn has publically failed with his stance on both points so far. The eu will eat the soft ideoilistic twat for breakfast. But I would still go for a pint with him.

I have no confidence in her now after the GE showing. The most important negotiations in 40 odd years and I really don't think she is capable nor has she a team around her that are capable on this showing

Its becoming clear the present government has already lost. We will end up with no deal. To get a deal, both parties will need to feel its in their best interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.