Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we buy Fabinho just to p*ss the rags off even if we dont really want him :) Carvalho has a far superior passing ability imo and not as slow as some on here make out, plus under Pep Carvalho will be leaner, fitter and quicker than he's ever been!!
Lets sign him and put him on the bench, that would make good reading on sadcafe.

I'd imagine he'd like the option of both depending on the opposition.

Like up front, in a game where we've space in behind you're going to see Sane and Sterling deployed for their pace but when a bus is parked you need more creative types to breach the defence so you'd be more likely to see Bernardo and say DeBruyne in wide areas.

Same thing will happen at full back, some games he'll want an extra body in midfield to outnumber the opposition, this is when you'll get your ball playing full backs rather than your marauders, so to speak.
This here is why I don't think we'll get Sanchez. Its getting pretty crowded on the front line.
Fabinho would be perfect for us in that he's a solid option to cover to positions at both CDM and RB. However, we currently have the following who have all played in the role that Fabinho would potentially play in our team:
  • Yaya
  • Fernandinho
  • Gundogan
  • Delph
  • Fernando
  • Garcia
Perhaps its been decided that we don't deem it necessary to need to pick up another player for this position? I think initially Fabinho seems perfect because of his flexibility to seamlessly play across two positions, but is it that pressing that we pick him up? We have some fairly decent depth here already.

Obviously there's some question marks over some of the above, but it could be that Pep is confident with what he's got and with B. Silva coming in and freeing up the responsibility on David, I think the 4-1-4-1 is going to be our primary formation as we have little drop off in terms of creativity now.
Don't know why folks keep saying DM is a need. With 5 or 6 players able to play the position.

GK, Fullbacks. That's pretty much the list of needs. Anything else is simply improvement. I.e Bernado.

DM, CB, AM and Forward aren't really needs. They are wants.

This here is why I don't think we'll get Sanchez. Its getting pretty crowded on the front line.

Don't know why folks keep saying DM is a need. With 5 or 6 players able to play the position.

GK, Fullbacks. That's pretty much the list of needs. Anything else is simply improvement. I.e Bernado.

I guess it depends on the formation and how you look at it. If we're talking about a pivot like in what Pep wants in a 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1 I'd say we currently have 2 players who can play the position. Yaya and Garcia who is young and inexperienced. I don't think any of the others have the ability to play it well enough. If we choose to play a 4-2-3-1 then we could play any 2 of Delph, Gundogan, Dihno, Yaya, Garcia, Fernando and maybe De Bruyne and Bernardo. It's really up to Pep if he thinks Garcia is good enough because if Yaya is out for a long period of time then we might be screwed. Fabinho is not the answer IMO though. He's similar to Dihno. I'd go for Carvalho if I had my pick.

Curious to know why folks think a 4 man defence is a given for next season?

If anything it really looked like Pep forced himself to let the team play 4 3 3 because he saw that the players are just not up to do anything else, such as his preferred 3 at the back.

Curious to know why folks think a 4 man defence is a given for next season?

If anything it really looked like Pep forced himself to let the team play 4 3 3 because he saw that the players are just not up to do anything else, such as his preferred 3 at the back.

We won't have a set formation, it will change depending on the opponents and the style Pep wants us to use.

If this deal is off then we MUST go after a quality DM like Nzonzi, we haven't addressed that position yet, Ferna isn't exactly what you would call a natural DM, same can be said about Yaya, Delph and Nando can't be relied on for this position.

Apart from Fernandinho, who looks like he's gonna have a regular gig filling in at full back again if we're only buying Walker and Mendy, we haven't got anyone good enough to act as an attacking fulcrum AND provide mobile defensive cover. Ya Ya's good at the former (and Gundogan could probably handle that aspect too), but beyond that would you really want to go a season with either Garcia, Delph or Fernando in the role on a regular basis? And centre back not really a need?!! One fresh injury to Kompany and we're right back to the leaderless combo of Otamendi and Stones, with a 32 year old converted left back as cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.