Manchester is under going huge growth

I'm working with BCEGI and had a meeting last week, also took them to Barcelona for a piss up, its definitely on the cards
Is this in the public domain yet? I know the BCEGI Construction are behind Middlewood Locks and a tower is planned there, but nothing of particular great height.

http://www.bcegi.co.uk/projects/middlewood

Can't think where else it would go (Greengate area is getting rammed now). That 75 storey is quite a strong rumour, just no location as of yet.

^^ Sorry Mekon - I know it's sensitive to discuss projects on open forums, but how much can you give away? Essentially BCEGI are in talks to develop a very tall building in Salford (it would have to be over 60 odd storeys at least to ensure it was the tallest, though remember there's a 75 storey rumour knocking about)? Would it be on the Middlewood Locks site?
No worries if you can't spill much...!

^^ Sorry Mekon - I know it's sensitive to discuss projects on open forums, but how much can you give away? Essentially BCEGI are in talks to develop a very tall building in Salford (it would have to be over 60 odd storeys at least to ensure it was the tallest, though remember there's a 75 storey rumour knocking about)? Would it be on the Middlewood Locks site?
No worries if you can't spill much...!
My last meeting with them, They said that Salford council want it to be bigger than any Manchester City council building. They are still building phase 1 and phase 2 starts in August. They will hopefully have things finalised with the client soon. There definitely is a race to be tallest. I haven't seen anything for a 75 storey anywhere. Although the area around thew old Granada Studios i think its called St James, they have a big one planned but there isnt a contractor to build it yet

^^ St. John's at Granada (the image is posted a couple of pages back). Here it is (the tallest one) with two planned next to it (the new Factory theatre will be on that plot too) - 60 odd floors I think:

masterplan-cgi_St-1.-Johns-1180x787-600x414.jpg

Then these planned by Allied London (Trinity Islands) - again possibly one reaching past 60 floors:

Trinity-Islands-application-March-2017-900x546.png

When you mention BGEIC and phase one/two - that must mean the tower is planned for Middlewood Locks?
Going back to the OP...it really is a crazy time construction wise in Manchester.

Is it this one?:

JS86392441.jpg

Wondering how much traction that Beijing Tower rumour has...Salford Council tend to have a poor track record with building quality/design, so I'd be a bit concerned is a piss poor quality skyscraper went up there..but that new Exchange Court tower now going up in Greengate looks like it's going to buck the trend.

Not seen that before but yes that looks like it. Also in the running for some work on the Residence just down the road.

yes the tower is planned as phase 3 for Middlewood locks. the Factory is an interesting building and hopefully will start in the next couple of months. Its a good time for construction. Also Russells are building on Great Ancoats street called Oxygen Towers, they will be nice

^^ St. John's at Granada (the image is posted a couple of pages back). Here it is (the tallest one) with two planned next to it (the new Factory theatre will be on that plot too) - 60 odd floors I think:

Then these planned by Allied London (Trinity Islands) - again possibly one reaching past 60 floors:

When you mention BGEIC and phase one/two - that must mean the tower is planned for Middlewood Locks?
Going back to the OP...it really is a crazy time construction wise in Manchester.

People living and working in the city centre obviously bring prosperity new shops restaurants etc. It has a massive knock on effect to the immediate local economy.

and Angel gardens near the CoOp thats 36 storeys, and Chapel Wharf next to the Lowry hotel thats just started, % blocks and the tallest is 23 storey

Yep...and Axis and WSW building on Whitworth St:

16510548757_6ef6923503_h.jpg

...and the 'Sister Beetham' and office block on the Manc Central/GMEX car park:

BM-small-02.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.