Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Fantastic effort from Ariana for turning up at the hospital tonight. The look on the little girl's face was lovely.

It must have been really hard for her to get her head right these last few days. Good luck to her, and the injured fans, for the future.

Spot-on mate. Will be a huge boost to the kids that. Class act.

2 weeks ago I'd never heard of this singer and even now I couldn't name a single song she sings

But for a 23 yr old kid, coming back here and doing what she's doing less than 2 weeks later... total respect

One of the most heart breaking things was the tweet she put out after the attack. She apologised to everyone and blamed herself for the deaths. I don't know why that affected me so badly but it did.

Like the above I'd never heard of her. My teenage daughter had asked (my wife) if she could get tickets for the concert months ago. She didn't get them fortunately.
But this singer must be haunted by that night. I think coming back to Manchester will help her exorcise her own demons to and will play a big part in her recovery.
She may not have physical scars but knowing people died at her concert must be so hard to comprehend.

Think Manchester needs to make her feel special because what ever happens in her life/career her name will be synonymous with the events on May 22.

Think we need to see a lot more Bomb sniffer dogs working in and around big venues, i know i'd feel alot safer than seeing someone with a gun stood nearby...
Maybe the ones slaughtered by that American security company in Kuwait last year could have found a home with our Police force here..

2 weeks ago I'd never heard of this singer and even now I couldn't name a single song she sings

But for a 23 yr old kid, coming back here and doing what she's doing less than 2 weeks later... total respect

Yes total respect for Ms Grande. In a world where pop stars seem so removed from real life this young lady has acted superbly.

Think we need to see a lot more Bomb sniffer dogs working in and around big venues, i know i'd feel alot safer than seeing someone with a gun stood nearby...
Maybe the ones slaughtered by that American security company in Kuwait last year could have found a home with our Police force here..
The thing is even the sniffer dogs wouldn't have prevented mondays bomb, these people don't need to get into the stadium, last night I worked the Robbie concert, security was very tight, yet after on leaving thousands were quieting for the metrolink or making their way to their cars, all a bomber has to do is wait and get them further out, in fact like the vehicle use, I think this will be SOP for terrorists now.

One of the most heart breaking things was the tweet she put out after the attack. She apologised to everyone and blamed herself for the deaths. I don't know why that affected me so badly but it did.
Didn't see that, how desperately sad. Me and the wife watched the ongoing horror of that night and
both of us felt enormous sympathy for this young pop star immediately, (We'd never heard of her but many our age haven't).

Yep. And Jason Manford tweeted his support for her after that statement she put out, only for him to get trolled on Twitter - so much so that he closed his account. Ariana herself was trolled by some nut jobs who have long had a beef with some of her liberal values and it just has me shaking my head in disbelief at why these people engage in such despicable behaviour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.