I wonder if City will cock this CAS case up too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we fuck. Do you honestly think an operator like Khaldoon is going to sit back and take it?

We'd take a jumped up little shit like Gill apart in court if they tried to ban us. Not going to happen.

Spend 300m now that will get us by for a few years

FIFA has imposed transfer bans on European clubs for transfers of young players. In this case FIFA investigated the Argentine's club complaint in September 2016 and denied their complaint. Therefore this case is different in that the case is being brought not by FIFA against City but by the Argentine club against FIFA and City.

• Claims that City are putting through transfers in a rush to beat this are wrong. We could have done that before now and did not

• Claims of UEFA/FIFA/Gill bias in this case are irrelevant as the football authorities investigated the complaint against City and denied it

Like most I know little about transfer regulations, but the fact that FIFA have already investigated this and cleared City of wrong doing, but in a similar time period found other clubs guilty of similar offences, makes me feel confident about the outcome.

Can the CAS even impose a transfer ban? Most of the cases seem to be where a club, or individual appeals a sanction and the CAS either upholds it, or halves it etc. In this case there is no sanction to apply, so if the CAS find that MCFC broke FIFA's rules, can they then enforce a sanction? Perhaps they can just instruct FIFA to review the case again? Any views?

Last edited:
As I said before, as long as whatever we did is documented and fully disclosed to the FA & FIFA we will be fine.

Our record keeping has been questionable recently but if my above paragraph stands we'll be in the clear....until next time anyway.

If we get a ban for this, then someone needs to bet fired ..... Who ever is dealing with recruitment of academy players is crossing the line by all accounts and not only that they could be thick enough to get caught!!. Less we not forget people are queuing up to bring us down and we have c*nts like Gill on the inside of organisations like UEFA trying to f*ck us up too ( I know UEFA don't have any jurisdiction in this case). Fingers crossed we get away with this one and if we do it should be timely reminder to be a lot more careful about our approach ... Sounds to me like we've used the Europe freedom of movement in a bit of a shady way or use a 'loophole' and I could understand why the other club are p*ssed off:

1) We tap up player before his 16th Birthday (allegedly)
2) Players leaves club as a free agent and moves to Germany just before his 16th birthday
3) We sign him up a day or two after his 16th birthday under European freedom of movement rules

If we get a ban for this, then someone needs to bet fired ..... Who ever is dealing with recruitment of academy players is crossing the line by all accounts and not only that they could be thick enough to get caught!!. Less we not forget people are queuing up to bring us down and we have c*nts like Gill on the inside of organisations like UEFA trying to f*ck us up too ( I know UEFA don't have any jurisdiction in this case). Fingers crossed we get away with this one and if we do it should be timely reminder to be a lot more careful about our approach ... Sounds to me like we've used the Europe freedom of movement in a bit of a shady way or use a 'loophole' and I could understand why the other club are p*ssed off:

2) Players leaves club as a free agent and moves to Germany just before his 16th birthday
3) We sign him up a day or two after his 16th birthday under European freedom of movement rules
4) The deal is ratified by FIFA

Everything we do is under the microscope but this case is a joke as it seemingly already had FIFA approval & the selling club have already had their appeal turned down by FIFA. If CAS rule in their favour, it would leave FIFA wide open to be sued by us n

As I said before, as long as whatever we did is documented and fully disclosed to the FA & FIFA we will be fine.

Our record keeping has been questionable recently but if my above paragraph stands we'll be in the clear....until next time anyway.
pretty sure FIFA was informed at every stage of this signing which is why city were so confident of the rules not being broken,
the new case against city and FIFA is about those rules being correct . at worst CAS can void the deal they cannot fine or punish city for following rules.
It should be noted that the main media outlets are not following this story as if it was likely to stand up Arsenal would be shitting themselves now, after 21 years and hundreds of these transfers

pretty sure FIFA was informed at every stage of this signing which is why city were so confident of the rules not being broken,
the new case against city and FIFA is about those rules being correct . at worst CAS can void the deal they cannot fine or punish city for following rules.
It should be noted that the main media outlets are not following this story as if it was likely to stand up Arsenal would be shitting themselves now, after 21 years and hundreds of these transfers
If CAS were to cancel this transfer, where would this leave Garre? Return a disaffected kid to a club he wanted to be away from, and have him mix in with players who back him in his stance against his club, and others who may think he did the dirty on them. In other words, players morale will be less than is wanted. With this in mind and with City's insistence that FIFA regulations were followed, I still believe his old club are trying to get substantial financial compensation of us.

FIFA has imposed transfer bans on European clubs for transfers of young players. In this case FIFA investigated the Argentine's club complaint in September 2016 and denied their complaint. Therefore this case is different in that the case is being brought not by FIFA against City but by the Argentine club against FIFA and City.

• Claims that City are putting through transfers in a rush to beat this are wrong. We could have done that before now and did not

• Claims of UEFA/FIFA/Gill bias in this case are irrelevant as the football authorities investigated the complaint against City and denied it

Like most I know little about transfer regulations, but the fact that FIFA have already investigated this and cleared City of wrong doing, but in a similar time period found other clubs guilty of similar offences, makes me feel confident about the outcome.

Can the CAS even impose a transfer ban? Most of the cases seem to be where a club, or individual appeals a sanction and the CAS either upholds it, or halves it etc. In this case there is no sanction to apply, so if the CAS find that MCFC broke FIFA's rules, can they then enforce a sanction? Perhaps they can just instruct FIFA to review the case again? Any views?

Surely FIFA would know if we broke any of their rulings ? If CAS can find anything wrong, it would be with FIFA.
That would not be our fault. Can't see anything coming of this, apart from maybe a few added clauses in FIFA's
rulings.

Everything we do is under the microscope but this case is a joke as it seemingly already had FIFA approval & the selling club have already had their appeal turned down by FIFA. If CAS rule in their favour, it would leave FIFA wide open to be sued by us n

We're on thin ice, we're stretching the rules, if we get a transfer ban was it worth it? NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.