City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Ridiculous comment

Explain why it's ridiculous. Some people move on and away in life but can't give up the season ticket even if they don't get to half the games, seems more used for securing cup final tickets and away games (points)........ younger locals can't get a look in. Just my point of view.

Explain why it's ridiculous. Some people move on and away in life but can't give up the season ticket even if they don't get to half the games, seems more used for securing cup final tickets and away games (points)........ younger locals can't get a look in. Just my point of view.

I have to explain it?

You know completely nothing about the blokes circumstances, how many games he attends but state, due to how far he lives away, he should give up his season ticket.

Younger local lads cannot get a look in? For home match every ticket goes on sale at the start of the season so they can get more than a look in they can to go every match.

Also any young fan can also join the Season tickets waiting list before the 5th june and then have the opportunity to purchase a ticket on the 7th of June according to the website.Even if that was not the case there are always tickets available for home matches, its just being arsed and showing a bit of commitment like the lad who travels from the North of Scotland who you think should give up his ticket. So I see no reason why the bloke should give up his season ticket and none of your reasons hold any water.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mancity.com/news/tickets-and-travel/2017/06/01/man-city-seasoncards-waiting-list/1496137361445/amp-on?amp=1

Last edited:

You should try living away for a couple of games. Maybe then you'd understand the commitment, money and time it takes to get to matches when you don't live right on the doorstep.

As for "younger locals" not getting a look in, when was the last time someone with half an ounce of organisational ability, who didn't leave it until last minute couldn't get a ticket? When did West Brom sell out?

Almost anyone who wanted to go and had even the most basic purchase history could even get a ticket for our most recent match at Wembley.

"Couldn't get a ticket" is a lazy excuse.

You should try living away for a couple of games. Maybe then you'd understand the commitment, money and time it takes to get to matches when you don't live right on the doorstep.

As for "younger locals" not getting a look in, when was the last time someone with half an ounce of organisational ability, who didn't leave it until last minute couldn't get a ticket? When did West Brom sell out?

Almost anyone who wanted to go and had even the most basic purchase history could even get a ticket for our most recent match at Wembley.

I'm talking about season tickets, not single "rip off" match day tickets (average £50 = £900 over a season). If I lived over 40 miles away I wouldn't bother because I know it would be very hard work to attend. There will be the odd super fan that will do regular 300 mile trips, but for everyone of them there's 10 that don't turn up. It's a problem and denial doesn't fix it.

I'm talking about season tickets, not single "rip off" match day tickets (average £50 = £900 over a season). If I lived over 40 miles away I wouldn't bother because I know it would be very hard work to attend. There will be the odd super fan that will do regular 300 mile trips, but for everyone of them there's 10 that don't turn up. It's a problem and denial doesn't fix it.
Brendan you are talking fucking bollocks son. I am 58 and have lived all over the place, but the one constant in my life has been Manchester CITY, wherever I have lived, and I have had a season ticket for 46 years and would never give it up, and always attend, it's in the fucking blood, so don't be fucking lecturing on my fucking passion, and the passion of like minded people.

Hard work to attend........tell that to the rag fans who live all over the country and four corners of the globe.

Young locals can't afford £40 plus a for league games, that is exactly why West Brom does not sell out. City charge too much, and the younger fans are priced out.

Spot on that actually, it is true the club need to do better with pricing so there's less reason for the people who know they won't be able to attend many games to cling on to their season card

All the billy big bollocks posturing aside(some need to grow up a little and stop with the pathetic overreactions), if the club make it so they'd be saving money for the games they can actually attend then what's to cry about? Not having their favourite seat? Talk about unjustified entitlement... what's best for the club comes before any fan for me and it should do for all blues with an ounce common sense. Didn't I read that you can actually book tickets for individual games at the start of the season also?

Early leavers might be even harder to persuade, what can the club do about it? Should the club have to pay for more train carriages and trams on match days? There's still those who drive who will want to "beat the traffic".

Maybe in the end there is no easy solution, it's just a shame you can't even discuss things on bluemoon at times without the over defensive kneejerkers having a wobble... it's the same in the atmosphere thread nothing will ever change or improve the way some go about things, it's one of the reason some don't like Pep IMO they just don't like change and he is going to change us for the better.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.